Staff Accountant III
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services, and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear continue to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for a Staff Accountant III in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO.
To be successful in this role you will be able to fully understand SG&A expense reporting and the associated balance sheet accounts, including prepaids and accruals. You will work collaboratively with a variety of subject matter experts and budget owners including the Financial Planning and Analysis team, Sales Operations, Marketing, Logistics, Customer Service, Human Resources, Legal and other global counterparts to assist in the completion and analysis of actual spend compared to budget. This technical role is responsible for the reconciliation and reporting of SGA analysis working closely with the Finance team to ensure the reporting is accurately presented.
- Prepare monthly recurring and non-standard journal entries
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations for related balance sheet accounts
- Prepare and present findings and results of monthly actual vs. forecast SG&A analysis to Associate Controller, Finance/Forecasting team, and VP of Finance
- Prepare monthly departmental forecast vs actual reports and conduct monthly departmental forecast vs actual meetings with department managers to understand variances and related implications to forecasted amounts
- Meet all deadlines related to reporting outside of the department/organization and ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the reporting
- Produce ad-hoc and as needed or requested reports on these areas to help customer service, marketing, sales operations, and the field drive business and understand results
- Assist budget owners in PO Policy and process requirements
- Assist with the month-end financial preparation and reconciliation, including quarterly and year-end audit work-paper preparation
- Assist in preparing consolidation financial package including all expense related schedules along with explanation of variances
- Perform other adhoc requests and processes as needed by accounting team
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration and 2-4 years general ledger accounting experience
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel for extracting and analyzing financial data
- Strong experience with appropriate GAAP accounting treatment of SG&A expenses, accruals, and prepaids
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is a combination of an office and home/office environment and are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Regular business hours. In order complete reporting requirements, there will be some evening and weekend hours required to ensure all deadlines related to financial reporting are met.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The Target Salary Range for this role is $66,500 - $70,000 as well as a bonus of 4% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, transportation supplementation, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.