Product Manager - Sound Processors & Connectivity
Job no: 613311
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Marketing, Program/Project Management, Asia Pacific, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard.
About the Opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity to own the development and execution of the product strategy and the realisation of new products within a portfolio. The Product Manager – Sound Processors & Connectivity (PM) will provide input that will keep Cochlear a step ahead of the competition by always understanding the needs of the end users and the requirements of the channel partners and regional/country teams.
The successful candidate will have the ability to understand complex products/services and to assess commercial opportunities, striving for operational excellence through participation in the creation and deployment of efficient processes that relate to the product development and commercialisation.
Your Key Responsibilities include…
- Regularly examine and assess competitor organisations and their products to proactively identify competitive threats and establish appropriate responses.
- Monitor and analyse trends in usage of products and/or services within assigned portfolio and develop insights on how this information could be applied to Cochlear’s products and services in order to extend Cochlear’s leadership position in this area.
- Contribute to the development of strategic product marketing plan for assigned portfolio and execute the plan.
- Managing development of assets, initiatives, work packages and programs to support new product launches so that the market and commercial objectives are effectively and efficiently achieved.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge database for an assigned product so that internal stakeholders and regional sales & clinical teams have access to, and are encouraged to use, the most up-to-date information.
- Manage the product lifecycle with continued focus on value maximization and customer centricity.
- Working with regional stakeholders, sharing ideas/successes as well as how to overcome obstacles globally.
- Collaborate with global product marketing communications to develop:
- Marketing tools for internal and external stakeholders as required
- New product/service announcements and updates.
- Communications to address product/service issues and issues’ resolution.
- Provide product expertise and support at launches, conferences, events, seminars and other industry events.
You will need to have...
- Marketing experience in a health/technology environment, or a software product/service environment, with regional/global responsibilities.
- Proven track record in:
- Developing upstream conception, definition of new products and services.
- Deploying downstream product/services plans for products and services.
- Product/services concept creation, realisation and campaign launching.
- Managing aspects of the product life cycle.
- Relevant qualifications
- Educational background in a technical environment (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with project management tools is ideal but not required
Development Value of this role
- Global position with the opportunity to play a pivotal role in transforming Cochlear into a customer-centric market leader in the hearing space.
- Career progression within Global Marketing and across the company (for example: Strategic Marketing, Global Marketing, Global Recipient Services, Regional Marketing, Project Management, Finance, functional management).
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now