Reimbursement Order Specialist I – Intake
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear continue to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for a Reimbursement Order Specialist I - Intake in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO.
To be successful in this role, you will efficiently process all incoming correspondence via fax, mail and e-mail and will provide exceptional service when responding to customer inquiries. You’ll work collaboratively with the Reimbursement Operations and Recipient Support teams to ensure that each order placed is qualified for processing. This technical role supports the reimbursement order placement process by understanding and adhering to the appropriate insurance plan, warranty policy and ensuring all required documents have been received prior to processing.
- Navigate business systems, utilize applicable software and company provided tools to ensure that each order placed is qualified for processing
- Follow the qualified order checklist process to ensure that all necessary information to progress an order is gathered and entered into the system prior to formal processing
- Ensure each item being ordered is billable under the insurance plan and ensure that no orders are billed to insurance where the item is still under warranty
- Understand eligibility for all recipients and clinicians placing new orders
- Process incoming correspondence via fax, mail, and e-mail within 24 hours of receipt.
- Distribute incoming emails to the appropriate department representative and respond to general email inquiries
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year of data entry or customer service experience OR High School Diploma and 4 years of data entry or customer service experience
- Strong computer skills and experience using common office resources and systems (Microsoft office, phone)
- Must be detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines and support others driving to metrics and goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance / manage multiple, changing priorities
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external).
The work environment is a home/office environment and are representative of those in individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Flexibility to work an eight-hour shift between 6:00am-6:00pm Mountain Time, Monday through Friday, with requirement to trade-off the early shift (6am start) and late shift (5:30pm end) with other team members. In order to best serve our customers, occasional overtime may be required.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The Target Salary /Rate: $42,328.00 OR $20.35/hour as well as a bonus incentive of 4% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, transportation supplementation, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.