Strategic Sourcing Lead
Job no: 613335
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Procurement, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Lead to lead, manage and perform strategic sourcing activities from new product development / projects through to the ongoing supply of quality goods and services.
The role will also seek to develop, implement and execute strategic sourcing processes and strategies to optimise and continually improve the performance of the Strategic Sourcing function in delivering Cochlear’s strategy.
This is a permanent full-time role based in our global headquarters in Macquarie University.
- Understanding and reviewing Cochlear needs or specifications and be able to conduct a Re Use Make Buy Assessment (RUMBA).
- Conducting a market analysis to gain insights into the investments, risks and capabilities of potential suppliers.
- Conducting a category or portfolio analysis and to then define suitable sourcing strategies based on risk and purchase value.
- Conducting a supplier relationship and risk analysis to determine which relationship best meets Cochlear’s needs.
- Conducting a supplier selection process including supplier identification, selection, evaluation, RFX and award processes
- Identification, negotiation and development of effective supply or development related agreements when required with new suppliers.
- Representing Strategic Sourcing & Procurement and providing procurement and commercial support during all phases of product development and projects. Act as the interface with new and existing suppliers to support and create value for new product development or projects. Request support from Procurement as required.
- Provision of strategic sourcing processes during product development such as but not limited to needs assessments, RUMBA, supplier selection, RFX, quotation, risk management, contract negotiations and supplier development readiness.
- Influencing internal stakeholders and customers to adopt and comply with strategic sourcing and procurement management policies, processes and systems.
- Ensuring effective partnering with internal and external stakeholders especially procurement during strategic sourcing, and product development / project support in delivering value, and to ensure overall positive stakeholder feedback.
- Responsible for supplier performance measurement, communication, issue and risk management during initial development phases before hand over to procurement for launch.
- Supporting procurement during product development, handover and launch such as but not limited to supplier capability and production readiness, supplier performance management, order and stock management, forecasting and contract execution.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (business, management, legal, commercial)
- Experience in a commercial environment, incorporating project, service delivery, technology or supplier management
- Astute in the management and operation of suppliers with proven ability to assess the capability suppliers and commercial proposals
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record in supplier management
- Sound understanding of supplier contracts and the initiative to seek timely advice on technical and operational perspectives from both internal and external sources to ensure the most favourable commercial outcomes
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- A strong communicator, able to build positive stakeholder relationships
- Able to represent Cochlear and successfully deal with sensitive commercial negotiations
- Ability to quickly resolve daily challenges.
- Knowledge of and exposure to high-tech manufacturing or engineering-focused manufacturing environments.
- Exposure to advanced sourcing methodologies and models.
- Exposure to quality and regulatory systems for medical device companies.
- Exposure to Lean methodologies or other continuous improvement tools and thinking.
- Direct involvement with various internal stakeholders globally
- On-site undercover parking
- Flexible working environment
- Employee Discount Program
- Leave Loading
- Novated Car Leasing
- Fitness Discounts
- Flu Vaccinations
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now