Job no: 613350
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Legal & Patents, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard.
About the Opportunity
Join a diverse legal team and develop your commercial legal capability by joining Cochlear as a Legal Counsel! This is a great opportunity which will have you responsible for providing timely and practical commercial legal advice and services to mitigate legal risks for Cochlear’s day to day business operations. You will play a fundamental role in supporting the Corporate Legal Team in Sydney with handling major legal projects, key transactions and other governance matters.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting Global Strategic Marketing and Clinical Affairs teams;
- Assisting with Marketing Claim Disputes & Litigation;
- Assisting with process improvement;
- Conducting legal research and advice for Global Marketing & Clinical Affairs;
- Being a corporate Legal Team member.
- Bachelor of Laws Degree from an Australian University and qualified to practice law in Australia
- 4 years Post Admission Experience as a lawyer at a reputable top/mid-tier firm or top 200 ASX listed company
- Australian competition & consumer law and contract and commercial law knowledge
- Proven ability to perform general contract work including drafting and negotiating a broad range of business agreements
- European competition & consumer law training and experience
- Intellectual property law knowledge and experience
- In-house experience in the pharma/biotech sector or knowledge of medical device laws and regulation is a plus
Development Value of this role
This is a unique opportunity to join a global company, working and learning from a senior and diverse legal team whilst developing commercial legal capability. This is a great role which exposes you to various areas of practice, including litigation, IP, research and commercialisation and privacy. You will develop your legal skills in legal writing, negotiation, strategy development, problem solving and legal analysis, client management and research. This fantastic role will also tap into transferable skills, including business acumen, influencing and presentation skills.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now