Sr Financial Analyst - Sales Operations
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear continue to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for a Sr Financial Analyst - Compensation/Total Rewards in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, and in order to comply with new requirements for contractors of the Federal Government, all US-based employees of Cochlear Americas are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodations.
This role offers a hybrid work environment with a combination of in-office and remote work from home.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to perform financial and strategic analysis designed to assess individual territory performance. You will clearly communicate sales compensation strategy to both Leadership and the overall Sales team, execute and administer the sales compensation strategy and associated quota alignment. You’ll work collaboratively and cross-functionally within the organization to identify and reward successful territory performance as well as recommend territory changes as needed to deliver successful territory performance. This analytical role is responsible for aligning the sales compensation strategy to annual business priorities.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate data for monthly sales commissions and bonus payments. Collaborate with Finance on sales reporting to align report information to overall compensation impact.
- Analyze territory and account level data to establish effective individual quotas with alignment to overall financial budget. Partner with Sales Leadership on methodology to establish and review quota performance.
- Create and maintain annual compensation plan documents including quota details. Create and deliver timely, clear monthly compensation reporting.
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership to review monthly expenses, forecast impact on future spending and realign spending targets across Sales as needed. Update and maintain monthly forecast templates, create annual internal expense targets and collaborate with Finance.
- Support new product and service launches through identification of field and customer equipment needs, managing budget implications, coordinating shipments with Supply Chain, Product Management and Customer Experience and tracking success.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- B.S. degree in Finance or Accounting or related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience with at least 1 year of proven successful work experience in a related position
- Advanced Excel skills as well as intermediate skills in ERP systems such as Hyperion, Oracle and Salesforce skills required
- Relocation for this position is not available
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is a hybrid office, home/office environment and are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The Target Salary Range/Rate (choose Range or Rate and remove the other): $80,000 - $88,000 as well as a bonus of 7.5% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, transportation supplementation, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.