System Administrator - Application Services
Job no: 613489
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard.
About the Opportunity
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced System Administrator – Application Services to join Cochlear’s Information Technology team in our Sydney Head Office. You will be responsible for managing application performance, changes and troubleshooting to agreed targets and using standard processes as you provide administration and maintenance support to Cochlear globally. This great role will have you liaising with business users for configuration changes, reporting and workflow design.
- Perform application support activities including system administration, user account management, service requests, reporting and workflow design and management.
- Perform platform support activities including system maintenance, patching, system performance, incidents and faults.
- Control, monitor and analyse application usage to ensure that end user actions are compliant with Cochlear policies.
- Take ownership for the identification, diagnosis and resolution of incidents.
- Confirm the business impact of each incident and based on assessments of priority, manage the escalation of the incident.
- Investigate the root cause of problems and investigate actions to correct the situation.
- Be proactive in identifying system issues that may result in future problems and propose approaches to address them.
- Assess application technology changes and ensure only approved changes are implemented.
- Develop strategies with business partners to align personal and team goals to business outcomes and execute strategic plans for supporting and improving the business.
- Degree in Information technology or a relevant field
- 3+ years of experience in Information technology
- Interest in developing expertise in systems and application architectures
- Knowledge of SQL, Relational Database Models and Report Writing solutions is ideal but not essential
- Help Desk Experience desirable but not essential
- Exposure to IT software supporting life science industries (preferably medical devices) is a plus
Development Value of this role
This is a unique opportunity to work with stakeholders across a global business to deliver business improvement. You will have the fantastic chance to develop advanced technical skills within a gloal IT environment and learn and apply ITIL knowledge. The successful candidate will gain exposure to a highly regulated industry and develop IT technologies.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now