Senior Test Engineer
Job no: 613524
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor, Validation & Verification
At Cochlear we are passionate about hearing. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
The Senior Test Engineer ensures that high quality products are delivered on time to customers by defining, planning, executing and reporting system or software Verification & Validation (V&V) tests as needed. In this exciting role you lead the continuous improvement of V&V capabilities by establishing and maintaining a test automation strategy; by developing, improving and deploying excellent test automation frameworks; and by advancing the team’s system and software V&V skills, processes and tools.
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient test automation frameworks, tools and infrastructure
- Lead and architect the direction and strategies of system and software test tools in the test team
- Design and build advanced automated testing frameworks
- Ensure high quality product release through the execution of rigorous verification and validation processes
- Perform verification and validation of business applications.
- Generate and maintain inputs (including V&V plan) and outputs (including documents and results) of verification and validation activities
- Project Management and Processes
- Deliver the V&V components of business applications by managing small to medium projects or subtasks within the team from start to finish
- Work with development, test and application services to design and implement test and validation strategies
- Collaborate and influence across multiple teams to ensure good quality delivery of V&V activities
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Over 5 years’ experience in software testing and application development
- Over 2 years’ experience in advanced test automation framework development and implementation
- Good understanding of test tools, including principles of test automation
- Expert in end-to-end testing and automation with applications like Salesforce or Oracle EBS
- Experience in performance testing, continuous integration using GitLab, Agile Delivery and BDD framework like Cucumber
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing:
Back to search results Apply now