Legal Operations Coordinator
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear continue to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for a Legal Operations Coordinator in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, and in order to comply with new requirements for contractors of the Federal Government, all US-based employees of Cochlear Americas are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodations.
To be successful in this role you will manage the legal team’s various projects and processes to ensure timely tracking and completion. Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will assist in setting commercially sensitive deadlines, assigning responsibilities, monitoring progress, and ensuring completion within set service levels. You will update dashboards and provide progress reports to be shared with the organization.
- Develop, implement, and maintain legal department tools to streamline new and existing practices that involve commercially focused teams such as sales and marketing
- Create and maintain knowledge management resources for the legal team to optimize capacity
- Create, collect, and analyze data for strategic decision-making and regular reporting for the legal team and its commercially focused business partners
- Develop work instructions and train the legal team and its cross-functional business partners on changing workstreams, new systems, and processes
- Oversee the lifecycle of high-volume, time-sensitive commercial agreements and collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales, operations, marketing, IT, finance, and customer service
- Oversee Cochlear’s RFP process by coordinating workstream ownership and deadlines
- Work with relevant stakeholders to coordinate global and local insurance renewals that relate to commercial operations
- Manage the legal team inbox and assign tasks in accordance with existing practices
- Manage various commercial forms and registrations
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- HS diploma or GED and 1 to 2 years’ experience with operations in a legal team environment
- Experience with contract lifecycle management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Highly responsive with an ability to organize, prioritize and manage a diverse workload
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships across various teams
- Demonstrated skills organizing and presenting data in a creative, thoughtful and effective manner to drive better decisions
- Ability to complete multiple project assignments efficiently and accurately
- Strong attention to detail
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment is a combination of an office/home environment and are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Between 8:00AM-5:00PM Monday through Friday.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The Target Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000 per year ($21.63 - $24.04/hour) as well as a bonus of 5% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, transportation supplementation, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.