Job no: 613540
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Our mission is to help more people to hear.
About the Opportunity
Are you a natural problem solver experienced in DevOps Engineering? Or a Software Engineer looking for your next opportunity to get into DevOps Engineering, using your programming skills to solve and improve operational tasks?
Cochlear has an exciting opportunity for you as a DevOps or Software Engineer! The DevOps Engineer works in the Supply Chain and Manufacturing Outcome Group, collaborating closely with the development teams in designing, implementing, and maintaining solutions for code, business process and infrastructure automation, to enable the teams to deliver products and services to customers at speed and scale.
This is a brilliant role that crosses and merges the barriers between application development, testing and operational teams. You will develop your leadership skills as you work to continuously improve the standards, practices, and culture of DevSecOps for rapid, iterative delivery.
Your Key Responsibilities include…
- Partner with technology teams (development, operations, testing, security, architecture) to design and develop efficient/repeatable code deployment process through the latest orchestration tools and practices.
- Collaborate with the software engineering team to create and maintain CI/CD pipelines, continuously improve DevOps toolchains, systems, and processes.
- Collaborate with product team to automate key repeatable business process in the Oracle EBS space.
- Participate in the DevOps guild to actively promote DevOps culture across teams, providing knowledge on best practices and continuous improvement through automation and CI/CD practices.
- Actively contribute to and guide innovation in DevSecOps practices and incorporate agile delivery approaches and technologies that enable the delivery of high-quality software.
- Deliver technical consulting and subject matter expertise on projects, including pre-project, to ensure risks, interdependencies and exceptions are identified, mitigated, or escalated, and solutions are formulated in alignment with IT strategy and architecture.
- Troubleshoot and analyse production errors; design and develop solutions that help to mitigate future issues, to ensure minimal impact to the end-user experience.
- Partner with the software engineering team to innovate new solutions that utilise AWS Cloud Technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with Oracle EBS, PL/SQL, Oracle Form
- Substantial experience with Shell Script
- 2+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role
- Substantial experience in building CI/CD pipelines for application and Infrastructure as Code using Gitlab CI, Teamcity, or equivalent tools
- Hands-on experience with dashboarding and monitoring applications and infrastructure using modern tools such as NewRelic, Cloudwatch
- Expert knowledge of code deployment tools and secure software development methodologies
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Good understanding of DevSecOps principles
Nice to have
- Experience as Linux sysadmin
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services, such as EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, API Gateway, Lambda, Fargate, ECS
- Experience with automation using Ansible, AWS CloudFormation, Serverless Framework or Terraform
Development Value of this role
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to join a global company that truly makes a difference in people’s lives. You will work on global projects and play a key role in improving deliver for Cochlear business partners and customers, whilst being exposed to the latest technologies and given the chance to for further innovation.
Cochlear’s mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing:
Back to search results Apply now