System Analyst - Application Services
Job no: 613544
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
At Cochlear we are passionate about hearing. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
As the System Analyst – Application Services you have the unique opportunity to provide functional expertise in system configuration and incident/problem resolution for the end-to end delivery of the service(s) for Cochlear. You will be responsible for regularly undertaking a review of recent incidents to categorise and identify underlying problem. Both reactively and proactively investigate the root cause of problems and either perform, or coordinate where necessary with internal and external teams, the actions required to resolve the problem including classification, prioritisation and initiation of action, documentation of root causes and implementation of solutions to prevent future incidents.
- Undertake regular capacity and performance reviews to proactively identify trends and future issues
- Work with Global Service Desk team to drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the process
- Take ownership for the identification, diagnosis and resolution of application related incidents in the business area of responsibility
- Confirm the business impact of each incident and based on assessment of priority, manage the escalation of the incident
- Ensure appropriate user access management processes are in place and followed and regularly conduct license reviews to maintain compliance
- Work closely with Applications Integration team and Design teams and contribute to end-to-end solution design of a service.
- Understand the detailed business processes that are supported by the systems that you are responsible for work with business analysts and users to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Manage, track and optimise changes for the business area of responsibility in partnership with internal IT teams
- Ensure the application services are in constant alignment with the business goals by working closely with IT Business Partners
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an application support environment
- Proficient functional knowledge and sufficient technical knowledge required
- Demonstrated experience in improving systems and processes within a commercial environment
- Problem solving, troubleshooting and consulting in depth with the business at different levels and across functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with credibility at all levels of the organisation and responsive to customer needs, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in project and change management and the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Degree in information technology or similar
- 5 years’ experience in supporting/implementing modules in an application
- Experience in a global company advantageous
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now