Business Development Representative
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear continue to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for a Business Development Representative who will be based in the New York / New Jersey area.
As the Business Development Representative, you will be successful in this role when utilize your sales experience, in medical device or specialty pharm to build and expand on the Acoustics implant product line to benefit individuals with hearing loss. In this role you will be responsible to support surgical and clinical cases and demonstrate your business sales and training acumen. Your ability to create, manage and maintain strong relationships with professional providers, to include surgeons, audiologists, hospitals and clinics, is critical to the success of the role. Your strong learning agility enables your development of knowledge across Cochlear’s product portfolio. You will work collaboratively with colleagues in your market, as well as cross-functionally with other corporate teams, to create business plans designed to grow new and existing accounts.
- Sales Acumen – prospecting for opportunities with new and existing customers with focus on the Acoustics product portfolio. You will demonstrate successful relationship building with surgical partners and demonstrate credibility with key accounts.
- Business Acumen – demonstrating in-depth knowledge of sales reports, forecast templates, and SGA reports for planning purposes. You will utilize all aspects of business acumen tools (Miller Heiman, Salesforce, contracting, etc.).
- Clinical Support – demonstrating potential to provide clinical expertise to Cochlear professional customers by applying knowledge gained through clinical and product training, such as candidacy criteria, test batteries, fitting software proficiency with Custom Sound (CI) and Smart Sound (Baha).
- Surgical Support – maintaining an in-depth product knowledge of both CI and Baha internal product offerings in order to effectively sell and position Cochlear product features and brand benefits. Demonstrating ability to sell in a surgical environment.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2 years of Medical Device Sales experience, specialty Pharma experience and/or Certificate of Clinical Competency or Hearing Healthcare industry experience.
- 2 years’ experience in sales planning, carrying a revenue number, budgeting and/or forecasting.
- Demonstrated prioritization and organization skills. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Highly effective presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as needed for training and territory support.
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. Must occasionally transport/move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is a home/office environment, clinical or hospital environment and are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, transportation supplementation, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.