Job no: 613575
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Legal & Patents, Program/Project Management, Process Improvement, Oceania, Individual Contributor, Advocacy
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again and help build a healthier more productive society. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
We are currently looking for a Sustainability Manager on a permanent full-time basis.
In this newly created global role you will support the development and delivery of Cochlear’s sustainability vision and strategy through leading on key initiatives and projects. The position also has responsibility for managing and maturing Cochlear’s sustainability reporting.
- Act as a thought partner and lead across Cochlear to drive and support the execution of our sustainability approach at global, regional, and local levels
- Partner with the key areas of the business to translate strategies to address sustainability risks and opportunities into clearly articulated, actionable plans with key deliverables that can be accurately measured and reported on
- Lead collaborative efforts with to ensure our approach to sustainability is meeting/exceeding internal and external stakeholder expectations
- Landscape scanning, trend assessments, and risk forecasting for sustainability
- Lead the evolution of Cochlear’s approach to sustainability reporting in collaboration with Investor Relations and others.
- Lead the creation and delivery of our annual Sustainability Report including coordinating across the organisation to capture and articulate relevant data and case studies.
- Responsibility for consolidation, analysis and preparation of external sustainability related processes and reports including DJSI, Framework, TCFD, CDP, Modern Slavery Act and others
- Support the businesses in developing, implementing, and improving initiatives and programs to deliver on sustainability priorities and objectives.
- Develop and implement communication plans to articulate and amplify Cochlear’s sustainability approach both internally and externally.
- Work with global, regional and country colleagues to develop resources and material to support business priorities and objectives.
- Minimum 5 years in house or agency sustainability/ESG/corporate sustainability experience
- Applied working knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Experience developing social and environmental sustainability strategy and related programs, policies and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks and developments in current market practice
- Detailed understanding of the ESG stakeholder landscape for listed companies
- Experience planning and delivering sustainability related programs and initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to engage effectively with stakeholders and build productive working relationships at all levels.
- Experience working collaboratively on a cross-functional basis.
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental sustainability and/or social responsibility preferred
- Experience working in life sciences, medical technology or pharma sector.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Opportunity to be part of a global leader
- Opportunity for high visibility with global, regional and country based leadership
- Opportunity to improve process and procedures in an area of increasing global importance.
- Opportunity to work across organisational boundaries
- Opportunity for further training and advancement
- Flexible work arrangement
- Very stable company, with high growth projections
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now