Vice President, Strategic Planning
Job no: 613594
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Finance, Oceania, Manager of Managers
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard.
You will be responsible for…
Lead the Strategic Planning cycle to deliver group business plans
- Connect the Group’s mission to strategic goal setting, project prioritisation, resource allocation, KPIs and actionable milestones
- Measure the Group’s outlook against market expectations & recommend levers to respond to changes in outlook
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including the executive committee and senior business management to ensure that the strategic plan and Budget are aligned and actionable across business units and facilitate material business and project prioritisation and resource allocation decisions
- Collaborate with the global finance team to ensure that business plans are completely and accurately financialised and related commercial and financial analysis is robust and timely
Lead and develop the in-year Planning/forecasting cycle to deliver group business plans
- Deliver robust forecasts and define key operating and financial plan metrics
- Review operating plan execution and ensuring changes are escalated through monthly Integrated Business Plans working closely with the Regional Finance Leads, Functional Finance Partners and the IBP leader
- Build alignment across business units in order to meet critical stakeholder & financial targets, including alignment with IBP and MBR processes
Align Group, Region and Country Problem Solving, Reporting and Planning
- Ensure key planning activities and documents are replicated, not duplicated from Country to Region and Group
- Partner with IT to align and optimise the systems and tools to best support the stakeholders in the financial planning process.
- Professional accounting qualifications (Chartered, CPA or CIMA)
- 10+ years commercial experience in a multinational organisation
- Extensive experience in leadership role in a global head office, Regional Office or Country General Management
- Successful FP&A track record including budgeting/forecasts, management reports and analytics
- Successful strategic and commercial planning experience including understanding growth drivers and business levers
- Confident dealing with a range of stakeholders across levels of seniority and different regions/cultures (eg SVP's, regional colleagues, local finance)
- Advanced financial modelling experience
- Experience in Tier 1 systems and system process improvements including ERP (preferably Oracle or similar), BI (preferably Hyperion or similar)
- Experience in medical device manufacturing organisation
- Experience with cashflow, FX risk management and capital management
Developmental Value of this role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global company with double digit growth ambitions. You will build your network by interacting with senior management and operations across the globe. This brilliant role will develop your business partnering capability across the wider organisation.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now