- Experience a dynamic and diverse region
- Leverage your clinical skills to improve access through capability building and customer engagement
- Work as part of a leadership team to strategize and deliver the growth roadmap
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
Cochlear’s Asia Growth Markets (AGM) headquartered in Singapore, incorporates countries within South and South-East Asia, including Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. AGM currently uses both direct and distributor business models. We are a relatively young region, with ambitious growth targets. As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers
As a member of the Asia Growth Markets (AGM) Leadership Team, reporting to the General Manager, AGM, the Clinical Affairs Manager is primarily responsible for ensuring clinical excellence across sales, support and research activities and through our work with Health Care Professionals (HCPs).
The Clinical Affairs Manager will also be responsible for driving the development and implementation of local clinical strategies to enable Cochlear's expanding business, ensure clinical competency in our internal teams, and implement training to our external partners to ensure the best possible outcomes for our customers.
- Working with the AGM Leadership, develop and execute the vision for clinical excellence across the Asia Growth Markets (AGM) markets.
- Develop the strategy, design and development and evaluation of clinical plans that enable growth and extension of clinical services.
- Provide strategic clinical insights to cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Rehabiliation, etc.) aligned with department and corporate goals and objectives
Provide Clinical Expertise to Internal and External Customers
- Serve as the knowledge and expertise hub for clinical and scientific needs arising from business
- Utilise clinical expertise as the subject matter expert in audiology, surgical skills, sound processors, patient management, counselling, programming, and troubleshooting to support AGM Customer Service and Field Sales teams, professional partners, and Cochlear customers
Develop and maintain strategic relationships with Key Opinion Leader (KOL)
- In partnership with the AGM field team, develop and maintain strategic relationships and engagement plans with KOLs for each market
- Cultivate relationships for potential collaboration with current and future thought leaders, as well as relevant professional societies
- Collaborate with Marketing and Clinical colleagues to develop clinically focused communication tools and guides to aid in effective discussions with Health Care Practitioners
- Partner with Marketing to actively participate in conferences, symposiums, joint projects and any other relevant collaborative activities. Provide speaker support at events when required
- Ensure customer insights and clinical evidence is communicated and leveraged within the organisation
Develop, Deliver and Support Professional Education Programs
- Design and deliver training programs on new or existing products
- Develop, deliver, and manage professional education programs such as workshops, online offerings, peer-to-peer training, information sessions and roundtables to ensure that Cochlear maintains its clinical excellence
- Have a segment-driven approach to tailor professional education programs, covering the needs for advanced KOLs, audiologist, new generation surgeons, HA partnership and other referral professionals (e.g., GP, ENT, Peads)
- Mentor new field team members to support foundational skills in sales, cochlear implants and bone anchored hearing aids
- Ensure professional training is part of integrated marketing and business plans for market growth and/or market share strategies
Support Clinical Research Programs
- Partner with APAC to facilitate clinical research for AGM, as appropriate
- Liaise with study monitors through regular conference calls and meetings
- Advise on collection and analysis of study data from validation sites with support from the Design and Development clinical team
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Graduate degree in Engineering, Audiology, Medicine or Science, or relevant field.
- 5+ years’ experience in a clinical/medical role within a medical device, technology, pharmaceutical or life sciences company
- Has a passion in science, clinical practice, and technology
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain deadlines
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to make timely, effective decisions
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Ability to effectively manage, mentor and contribute to the business' strategic direction
- High energy, empathetic and ability to manage employees at all levels
- Strong business acumen, including problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis
- Achievement-oriented with a strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm – willingness to go above and beyond what’s required
- AGM level travel (approximately 30-50% of time)
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where our people will feel supported and valued. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – The global leader in implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
How to Apply and who to contact
If you are interested in being considered for this role then please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you”