Warehouse Team Member
Job no: 613603
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Oceania, Individual Contributor
We're looking for a Warehouse Team Member to work as part of our Cochlear Brisbane Manufacturing division, based in Newstead on permanent full-time basis
At Cochlear, hearing is our passion. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
About the opportunity:
The Warehouse Team Member is responsible for controlling the movements of goods into and out of the warehouse. This encompasses all movements from receiving of raw materials through to despatching of consumer products.
This role is vital to the business and supports customer service. Customers to the warehouse are both internal (manufacturing and engineering) and external (regional warehouses).
This role is responsible for ensuring parts and products are delivered to these customers in a timely and efficient manner.
- Following relevant Quality Management System procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement
- Ensuring all items are handled and stored in the appropriate manner
- Managing inventory – ensuring all ERP transactions are completed in an accurate and timely manner to maintain accurate stock levels
- Ensuring all items are labelled appropriately and regular cycle counts conducted to ensure stock accuracy is maintained
- Reporting on any non-conformances or deviations from standard processes
- Picking, packing, issuing, and replenishing materials for manufacturing and engineering in a timely and efficient manner
- Packing items as per set standards defined in the work instruction, conducting final inspections and recording results
- Performing receipt and inspection of materials using appropriate methodologies in Oracle
- To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Strong computer literacy and experience with Oracle, SAP, or a similar ERP system
- Ability to lift and move loads of up to 10kgs
- Pick & pack experience is desirable
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Able to do repetitive work
- Process driven
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active, high-tech manufacturing environment.
Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today!
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Anticpated Application Closing: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now