Senior Software Engineer
Job no: 613607
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help more people to hear. The Customer Software, Clinical and Research Platforms department is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer based in our location in Mechelen.
The Senior Software Engineer is to complement the team in charge of the development of the diagnostics/objective measurements and algorithms libraries and application to assess the correct functioning of the medical implant hearing solution and interact with the auditory nerves and brain in response to electrical and acoustical stimulation.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing and unit testing application code in C# in a .NET / WPF environment, that provides communication with the CI System through software drivers written in C++.
- Responsible for designing, developing and unit testing application code in C# in a .NET / WPF environment, that provides communication with the CI System through software drivers written in C++
- Prototype, develop, and verify software application exposing the functionality implemented in firmware, and software library
- Contribute to architectural design of the platforms, products, and systems
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a credible understanding of the user and business needs and translate this into exceptional software
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to help resolve customer issues
- Contribute with ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables
You will have a strong technical background and your role will focus on desktop software development, but you will be given opportunities to listen to the customers or their representatives and help transform our products to respond to customer’s needs. You will work in a highly agile cross-functional team that has the autonomy and control needed to shape product direction and ensure the continued success of the products you work on.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Passionate developer with >3 years working with C# .NET/WPF and developing Windows desktop client applications
- Knowledge of C++ and managed C++
- Master’s degree in software engineering or electrical engineering with specialization in software development
- Evidence of good individual, team, cross-functional and cross-regional communication skills
- Affinity with the hardware-software interface and electronics technology
- Analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details
- A process driven and structured way of work
- Experience in working in an agile environment
- Good verbal and written English language skills
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age. In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: W. Europe Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now