Logistics Manager (Senior Manager)
Job no: 613654
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Asia Pacific, People Manager
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We are seeking for a Logistics Manager reporting to the Director Manufacturing Malaysia, working closely with global logistics team based in Australia. Role is based Bangsar South, KL. In this role, the successful Logistics Manager oversees end-to-end oversight of supply chain activities and full responsibility of Logistics Operations, including continues site expansion as we grow.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for import/export compliance alongside building a relationship with our Couriers, our Brokers and Local Customs will be a key. This role will lead and manage all Warehouse and distribution activities in CMY and will be responsible for our SIFOT KPI (Supplier in full and on time) to the regional business-to-business(B2B) supply chain. The role is also responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving Warehouse and Distribution processes in order to meet the Logistics Group's objectives. It’s a hands-on role and at the same it will require strategic thinking.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Logistics process set-up and continues improvement to expand our onsite capability in line with strategy.
- Introduce as required new Import /Export processes to maintain compliance.
- Manage 3rd parties, including Brokers, Consultants and Customs.
- Creating and managing a well-trained team supported by documented processes.
- Maintain the warehouse facility’s compliance with Cochlear’s safety, quality, and regulatory standards.
- Take the lead in Quality audits representing Logistics processes.
- Identify process improvements and coordinate a team response to process exceptions.
- Target waste elimination in the Warehouse and Distribution processes
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping.
- Support business growth targets by building the warehouse and distribution capacity in line with demand and as the supply chain network evolve.
- Develop strategies to meet changing customer service strategies (Smaller shipments more often, ship from suppliers, two shift coverage)
- Manage performance – 3rd party distribution service providers.
- Implement daily, weekly and monthly capacity plans to meet projected demand for warehouse and distribution processes.
- Standardise processes between our Warehouses with the intend that it can be shared globally.
- Provide feedback to stakeholders regarding on actual and potential supply constraints and manage controlled distribution processes.
- Maintain Inventory accuracy and manage daily cycle counting and inventory reconciliation.
- Contribute to budgeting process and perform monthly financial reconciliation.
- Manage interactions with Regions on Supply chain performance, analysis and corrections of issues (weekly Calls) by taking ownership of items supplied by the CMY site.
- Introduce and Support process changes as and when the customer requirements changes.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Logistic, Supply Chain, Business or Warehouse related field (ideally degree in Logistics)
- At least 10 years of experience in Supply Chain industry (preferably Logistics) is a MUST for this role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in logistic and distribution leadership involved in manufacturing is a MUST for this role. Candidates from Medical Device industry has an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in people management is required for this position.
- Demonstrated experience in managing external auditors in a manufacturing environment. TUV, FDA, TGA, etc.
- Deep understanding of ERP system (e.g Oracle, SAP or other ERP system) is highly essential for this role.
- Working exposure to CAPA, NCR, Concession, etc. is highly essential for this role.
- Experience in writing and/or verbally project updates, problem descriptions and resolutions and other issues with engineers and senior management is highly desirable for this role.
- MUST have deep understanding of local trade (import/export) taxes, duties, bilateral trade agreements. Harmonized codes and rules around country of origin.
- Ability to interpret procurement specifications, technical drawings, interpret Acceptable Quality Limits (AQL) according to relevant local and international standards is an added advantage for this role.
- Need to be a self-starter, highly organized and detail-oriented with strong commitment to accuracy.
- MUST be proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Statistics and other software as necessary.
- Hands-on experience in managing poor performance in timely manner with clear direction & good outcome.
- MUST have experience in managing stakeholders at all levels and across different regions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language is required for this position.
- Candidates with working experience in Global MNC companies will have added advantage.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges to help more people to hear. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now