Government Affairs and Sustainability Intern – Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander identified
Job no: 613677
Work type: Hourly Temporary/Casual, Intern (Student)
Categories: Administration, Students & Graduates, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear has a fantastic opportunity for an undergraduate or postgraduate Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander student to join our Government Affairs and Sustainability team. Based in Sydney, this role is flexible around your studies and will enable you to gain exposure to a global company. You will be supporting key government affairs, public policy, and sustainability initiatives.
This is a 6-month, casual opportunity where the successful candidate will also play a key role in supporting the implementation of Cochlear’s Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP).
As a Government Affairs and Sustainability Intern at Cochlear, you will build strong working relationships with key stakeholders across different business functions with global, regional and local teams to support the delivery of specific initiatives and outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Assist the Director of Government Affairs and Sustainability to support the delivery of key government affairs and sustainability initiatives
- Provide project and other support (including research and policy review) to the Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group and other initiatives
- Lead assigned tasks to help deliver Reconciliation Action Plan actions and deliverables
- Work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders to manage ad-hoc projects, events, and continuous improvement initiatives, as required
- Prepare reports and presentations to support Director of Government Affairs and Sustainability and the Global Finance Leadership Team to develop internal and external communications
To add value to Cochlear in this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following…
- Candidates must identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree or Masters degree candidate with a strong academic record
- Availability to work 2-3 days per week (flexible) from March 2022, with a 6-month commitment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with initiative to learn
- High attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills, with the flexibility and adaptability to manage and prioritise multiple ongoing projects
- Excellent presentation skills and proven ability to work with PowerPoint and Excel
- Credit or above average in academic record is advantageous
Developmental value of this role:
You will have the excellent opportunity to develop your commercial acumen within a challenging and diverse set of markets to make a real difference to the lives of people with hearing loss. You will be able to develop your skillset and gain exposure to work experience in a global company, beneficial in applying for future career opportunities at Cochlear
Cochlear’s mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to hear.
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability and availability for this role. All applications will be considered, and qualified candidates will be contacted. Candidates who can commit to work a minimum of three days per week, with flexibility will be highly regarded.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now