Senior Electrical Engineer - OSI Electrical Lead
Job no: 613680
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard.
Lead a small team and contribute to the development of innovative and exciting bone conduction implant products as a Senior Electrical Engineer! You will collaborate with key engineering teams to drive requirements generation, schematic and PCB design, prototype debugging, characterisation and verification of electrical designs. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on leading-edge technologies and work with internal and external stakeholders as you become the subject matter expert in OSI, bone conduction technology and implantable electronics.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Lead a small team and contribute to the development of innovative and exciting bone conduction implant products which transform the lives of hearing-impaired people everywhere
- Become the Subject Matter Expert and Electrical Design Authority in osseointegrated steady-state implants (OSI), bone conduction technology and piezoelectric stimulation
- Drive requirements generation, schematic and PCB design, prototype debugging, characterisation and verification of electrical designs to ensure Cochlear products are of superior performance, quality and reliability
- Work with the system engineering team to develop and refine product requirements
- Stay abreast of technology advancements in electronics and be a source of technical expertise and a mentor for other engineers
- Contribute to the architecture of next generation bone conduction implants by setting the requirements of the next generation of hardware platform ICs
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, across functional teams and with teams in other locations, and influence key decision makers
- Work on leading-edge technologies to support the growth of Cochlear as a global industry leader in research and innovation
- Generate high quality design documentation for regulators and internal use
- Support process improvements to help Cochlear maintain effective and efficient research and development procedures.
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of electronics design and verification experience.
- Good understanding of electronic circuits and components, both analog and digital
- Experience with:
- Electrical CAD tools – schematic capture, simulation and PCB layout.
- Audio circuits
- RF circuits and wireless communication
- Altium schematic capture and PCB layout CAD tool
- Python programming language and embedded firmware
- Experience managing external suppliers and contractors.
Developmental value of this role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to collaborate with external and internal stakeholders across functional teams. You will contribute to the architecture of next generation bone conduction implants and develop world leading implants using leading edge technologies.
Cochlear’s mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now