Manufacturing Support Engineer
Job no: 613735
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Manufacturing & Logistics, Oceania, Individual Contributor
- Mechatronics, mechanical or production engineering disciplines are welcome
- Permanent full-time contract basis
- Support manufacturing personnel in a business that changes lives
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
A new opportunity has become available for a manufacturing support engineer to work as part of our Cochlear Brisbane Operations Manufacturing division based in Newstead on a Permanent full-time contract basis.
This operation manufactures all external accessory components. In this role you will provide efficient engineering support to the production areas through implementation and management of day-to-day production and process improvements. Wednesday
- Provide support by being the first point of contact for production on yield, quality and throughput issues.
- Solve production problems in the day-to-day running of the manufacturing lines.
- Design, procure, and introduce tools, jigs, and fixtures to production.
- Understand causes of production rejects and reclaim where possible.
- Train and coach co-workers on improved processes and operations.
- Cooperating with people across the business to execute improvement projects.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Must have
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering. Prefer mechatronics, mechanical, or manufacturing.
- Proven competencies in problem solving, design, and manufacturing.
- Great interpersonal and communications skills.
- Enthusiasm for working in a similar manufacturing role within a highly regulated industry.
- Experience in working within a manufacturing management system (e.g., Lean).
Development Value for this Role
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives
Hear now. And always. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We have provided more than 600,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with leading clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now