People & Culture Advisor (HR Generalist)
Job no: 613741
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Sydney
Categories: Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We are looking for an individual who aspires to be part of our dynamic and diverse People & Culture team.
As a People & Culture Advisor, you will be the first point of contact for HR-related queries from employees, internal stakeholders, external partners as well as for Government liaison. The ideal candidate for this role would need to have at least 6 years of hands-on HR generalist experience (with at least 3 years’ experience in managing industrial/employee relations matters) preferably in a manufacturing, MNC environment handling the full spectrum of HR operations including but not limited to employee onboarding, industrial relations i.e. employee grievances and disciplinary matters, payroll processing and performance management, employee mobility, health & safety, and internal audit. Additionally, as the People & Culture Advisor, the individual will have the opportunity to participate in People & Culture projects from time to time and support the manager on ad hoc matters as and when required.
- Ensure all HR information and employee data are accurate and updated in a timely manner in HR systems – internal and external
- Manage all the administrative tasks in relation to employee pre-employment co-ordination, onboarding, confirmation, transfer, promotion, performance review, and resignation
- Responsible for managing all tasks in relation to processing of Employment Pass for foreign talents and provide support for mobility assignments
- Manage monthly payroll processing, ensuring accuracy, compliance to statutory obligations and timely processing. This includes management of employee benefits e.g. medical insurance, leave, claims, employment confirmation, etc
- Manage, monitor and track employees’ medical insurance enrollment, claim processing, and discontinuation
- Work closely with internal key stakeholders and people managers, providing advice and guidance on HR operations and processes, support managers on disciplinary matters such as warning letter, performance improvement plan (PIP), investigation into misconduct, and other related IR matters
- Act as the key contact person for employees, responding to employee queries, managing grievances or conflicts, to ensure a harmonious working environment
- Provide support to Manager, ensure organization chart, position descriptions, relevant HR documentation and information are updated for various audit requirements e.g. internal; financial, MDSAP
- Play an active role in engaging with internal stakeholders and employees on regular basis to see if any systems/processes can further be improved from time to time
- Provide support to Manager on compliance and Government liaison matters, HR policy communication and implementation
- Participate in projects and support Manager on ad hoc tasks as and when required
- Possess a Degree in Human Resource Management, or equivalent, with minimum 6 years relevant working experience as a HR Generalist of which at least 3 years’ experience in managing industrial/employee relations matters, preferably in a manufacturing, MNC environment
- Strong working knowledge of the Malaysia Employment Act and experience in managing employee discipline and industrial relations matters is essential for this role
- Proficiency in both English and Bahasa Malaysia (spoken and written) is crucial
- Pleasant personality and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess strong stakeholder management skills and able to work with a diverse workforce
- Able to work independently, possess good attention to detail and have strong numeracy skills
- Possess a proactive and willing to learn attitude, have a sense of urgency and able to prioritize tasks, and work well under pressure be it as an individual or within a team
- Possess a creative mind, thrives in ambiguity and able to think out of the box
- Have good Microsoft Office Skills and working knowledge of Oracle/SAP system
- Possess own transport
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges to help more people to hear. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now