Technical Lead (Test Automation)
Job no: 613748
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: IT, Asia Pacific, People Manager
Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Malaysia provides shared services to support Cochlear's global operations. The growing team of professionals in Malaysia provides critical support in areas such as IT infrastructure and applications, development and testing, business intelligence development and support, procurement, customer service, service and repairs and returned device analysis engineering.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Lead (Test Automation) to work in our Global IT SSC at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. You will be responsible to lead and architect the direction strategies of system and software testing and identify area of improvements in testing and development processes. You are also responsible to coach and strive the team towards the company’s objective and to motivate the team members.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Lead, motivate and coach a team of test engineers
- Make decisions which impact the work of DevOps practice, achievement of group objectives and performance.
- Guide test team members to design test strategies - this may involve more complex and larger scale delivery
- Take the initiative to keep both own and colleagues' skills up to date.
- Demonstrate clear leadership.
- Promote the use of approved QA tools and are proficient in multiple test scripting languages
- Initiate improvements to test processes and direct their implementation
- Identify, manage and improve stakeholder relationship
- Build and maintain test automation framework
- Writing, executing, monitoring and improving automated test suites.
- Support agile team to meet quality requirements
- Define testing requirements with clear acceptance criteria
- Designing and documenting automation processes
Why is this role right for you?
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent (Computer Science, IT Engineering, etc.)
- Good exposure to programming skills, Page Object Model, Object-Oriented Programming/Java/Python, source code control (GIT)
- Exposure to Agile fundamentals, agile concepts, practices and tools etc
- Excellent communication, stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in designing and implementing automation testing framework
- Exposed to testing methodologies and theories (both manual and automation)
- 5 years of experience in software testing and application development
- 3 years of hands on experience in designing and implementing automation framework.
- Experience with Agile ceremonies such as Scrum, Kanban, Daily Standups, Refinement, Retrospective.
- Experience in planning and coordinating testing activities
- Experience in writing, executing, maintaining and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies (e.g. Selenium, Nightwatch, Postman)
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now