Hear Always Technician (Hardware Customer Support Technician)
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
About the role
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, and in order to comply with new requirements for contractors of the Federal Government, all US-based employees of Cochlear Americas are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodations.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be able to directly impact and enhance the recipient’s experience with Cochlear. You’ll work collaboratively with Clinical, Customer Service, Reimbursement, Recipient Services, and Supply Chain to ensure the recipient’s processor is programmed and ready for use immediately upon arrival. This role is responsible for the daily delivery and execution of Hear Always service programs.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of programming software in order to provide industry leading service. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've contributed to the development of new ways to service our customers resulting in higher customer satisfaction.
- Programming - Support a variety of ‘patient-direct’ service programs by contributing to the timely completion of all hardware programming along with validating programming information to ensure accuracy according to company procedures.
- Order/Transaction Processing- Create orders for service requests received, ensure program requests reach the appropriate clinic and are received back to Cochlear Americas in a timely manner via calls and email communication directly with the Audiologist.
- Process Improvement – Utilize internal and external customer feedback to drive improvements in both productivity and service levels.
- Other Duties as Assigned – Support the overall Service business as assigned.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years prior customer service experience required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Positive phone demeanor and proven ability to interact effectively with customers and colleagues with a variety of communication styles.
- Demonstrated ability to defuse and resolve difficult customer service issues in a timely, effective manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills in various software packages, including Microsoft Office.
- Proven ability to understand and abide by written procedures.
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position and utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work environment for this role is an office environment.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits:
Target Salary Rate for this position: $20.00/hour - $23.00/hour as well as an annual bonus opportunity of 5% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, transportation supplementation, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
More about Cochlear
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more about current openings! Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.