Technical Lead (Oracle)
Job no: 613784
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help more people to hear.
Develop your influencing skills and join Cochlear as a Technical Lead (Oracle). The Technical Lead is responsible for providing leadership to the team, supporting implementation of DevOps strategies and culture into Cochlear community. The successful candidate will have sound capabilities in projects and task management to participate in all phases of the project lifecycle, enabling consistent and high-quality delivery in supporting the velocity of business outcome groups.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Provide technical leadership and assume overall accountability for a successful implementation phase of initiatives
- Ensure all technology solutions are properly architected and specified
- Contribute and maintain standards for software engineering tools and techniques, including security guidelines to ensure compliance
- Lead reviews others' solution designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology
- Embrace and support DevSecOps/Continuous Delivery practice
- Provide estimation of technical tasks and escalate promptly when issues and/or risks arise
- Support and promote the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organisation
- Degree in computer science or similar or equivalent work experience
- Should have 10+ years’ experience in the Oracle EBS HR modules (Oracle R12).
- Extensive experience in design, software engineering and implementation services
- Solid understanding of application architecture and software engineering practices
- Solid understanding of Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience in continuous integration using GitLab
Developmental Value of the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with industry leading technology across a global project portfolio, influencing development principles and practices across the team.
Cochlear’s mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now