Contract Administration & Pricing Implementation Specialist
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
As Cochlear continues to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for a Contract Administration & Pricing Implementation Specialist in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO. This role offers a hybrid work environment with a combination of in-office and work from home.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be able to quickly translate customer contractual pricing terms into internal customer setups to ensure accurate and compliant customer invoicing. You’ll work collaboratively with the Professional Sales, Legal, Marketing and Customer Experience teams to implement all US customer specific contractual pricing terms, monitor contractual pricing compliance and manage contract expirations. This technical role is responsible for accurate customer pricing setups during the contract lifecycle.
- Administer commercial customer pricing in our database and ERP system, within 24 hours of contract receipt to ensure correct pricing to our customers. Understands the importance of compliance of contracts and can apply requirements proactively.
- Reviews and manages US purchasing agreements to ensure adherence to all provisions and in accordance with company policies. Collaborate with the Legal team to ensure approved pricing proposals are both compliant and successfully translated to legal contract documents.
- Responsible for the accuracy of invoices for accounts with purchase agreements in place. Provides Sales, ProCare and Customers data/information in templates as requested. Can be proposed or current pricing of products, spend reports or load files.
- Provides monthly updates to expiring purchase agreements which is manually tracked and updated as requested.
- Creates and maintains reports and spreadsheets that allow the managing of purchase agreements. Current examples include Contract Lifecycle, tiered reporting, invoice reporting, expirations and purchase agreement summaries.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience using Oracle ERP system.
- Proficiency in Oracle Pricing Manager with past demonstrated experience with modifers, price lists and configurators.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, and utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external).
The work environment is a hybrid home/office environment.
In order to best serve our customers, regularly scheduled hours are 9 AM – 6 PM, MST, Monday through Friday. Flexible schedule available upon discussion with manager. After initial training and onboarding, employee may elect to work from home two days per week.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The Target Salary Range: $50,000 - $60,000 based upon experience as well as a bonus of 7.5% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, transportation supplementation, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.