Talent Development Specialist
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear continue to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for a Talent Development Specialist in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to develop, design, and facilitate learning solutions for our continuous learning programs within the organization assuring the capability and continued development of our employees. You’ll work collaboratively with business stakeholders and leadership across the organization to continuously improve, ensure the effectiveness, and align new hire programs and skill development courses by evaluating the relevancy of content, updating supporting materials and incorporating learning best practices to increase retention and on the job application of learned skills. This technical role is responsible for the ownership and delivery of new hire onboarding programs; product knowledge, communication skills, system navigation, and technical topics; maintaining training records; and designing eLearning and workshop content.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver multiple new hire onboarding courses needed throughout various departments to support ongoing learning necessary for building skills within team members
- Partner with subject matter experts to design and facilitate training for new hires and existing team members in areas including policies, procedures, product knowledge and troubleshooting, regulations, systems, communication skills, and areas of technical development
- Work directly with business partners on communicating, prioritizing, and coordinating the design, delivery and follow through of the operations training needs as it relates to product launches, upcoming initiatives and new hire onboarding
- Responsible for maintaining all learning material including agendas, course content, facilitator guides, activities, learning outcomes/plans, assessments/and measures of effectiveness of training programs
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelors or Equivalent Work Experience: 2+ years internal organization experience and 1+ years of facilitation experience or 2-4 years of experience in a minimum of 2 different functions within the organization
- Ability to work flexible hours to ensure delivery of training to employees working varied shifts
- Demonstrated time management skills: must have the ability to prioritize current workload and projects and provide periodic updates to management on status
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures, and processes to customers (internal).
The work environment is an office environment and are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Schedule / Salary / Benefits:
Flexible schedule between 7:00am-6:00pm, Monday through Friday
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The Target Salary Range: $56,000 - $64,000 as well as a bonus/incentive or commission of 7.5% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, transportation supplementation, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.