Area Market Expansion Manager
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
In order to help Cochlear increase access and awareness in hearing health clinics, we are recruiting for an Area Market Expansion Manager in Texas. The ideal candidate has a hearing health background and lives in Dallas, Houston, Austin or is closely located to one of these metropolitan cities. At Cochlear our work environment is collaborative, and we continuously develop our clinical and product knowledge to meet our customer needs and grow professionally. We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
To be successful in this role you have a hearing health background and will interact extensively with clinicians utilizing OMS (Office Management Systems) to heighten awareness of Cochlear Implants as a treatment option for their patients. Your hearing health sales background, commitment to continued growth and learning as well as your passion to expand hearing health access in the market are keys to success in this role.
You’ll work collaboratively with all key people in the assigned region, including professional partners; private practice Audiologists and Hearing Instrument Specialists; and Implant Surgeons. Additionally, you will partner closely with Cochlear regional stakeholders including; Cochlear Provider Network Territory Managers and Professional and Consumer Sales team members to support the expansion of access to implantable solutions.
- The Area Market Expansion Manager is responsible for attaining targeted sales revenue objectives in the assigned region by utilizing business and marketing acumen, consultative sales skills, and hearing healthcare knowledge.
- Establish and sustain strong clinical relationships with medical based hearing health clinics to include private practice Audiologists and Hearing Instrument Specialists, Implant Surgeons, and internal stakeholders within the team and across the business to include Professional and Consumer Sales team members.
- Provide industry leading clinical education and customer support regarding implantable hearing solution product capabilities and patient candidacy in identified hearing health practices.
- Responsibilities include; achieving the targeted sales revenue objectives, ability to create and execute programs, and developing and maintaining the business and clinical relationships within the medically based hearing health clinics.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- College Degree required and minimum 3-5 years Hearing Health industry with clinical and sales experience. Cochlear implant technology experience a plus.
- Proven success in hearing health industry sales/business development.
- Ability to work remotely and utilize technology to provide remote/virtual support to customers as needed.
- Travel: 50-60%, including overnight/airline travel. During the COVID-19 crisis, travel is being closely managed which may result in reduced airline/overnight travel.
- Domestic relocation available for qualified candidates.
Physical & Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in a stationary and seated position; utilizes business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
Work Environment - Remote/home office environment, including clinical and/or hospital.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, transportation supplementation, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.