Product Lifecyle Engineer
Job no: 613916
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 50 company on the ASX. Our mission is to help people hear and be heard.
This exciting role is a multi-disciplinary engineering role within the Product Lifecycle Engineering team in R&D. Responsible for the investigation, design, verification, and change management associated with sustaining for all Cochlear Products. A rewarding opportunity to join a dynamic team responsible for managing the 1000+ Cochlear products in the market. This is a fast-paced role acting to meet the business needs across Production, Purchasing, Regulatory, Marketing and R&D.
This is a permanent full-time role based in our global headquarters in Macquarie University.
- Engineering Design & Development by performing root cause analysis (RCA) investigation of production and field data, using RCA tools and techniques so that any sustaining engineering effort is focussed effectively.
- Develop verification and validation plans, protocols (including test methods), based on use cases and safety, to ensure meaningful and representative test methods are used.
- Accountable for specific delivery of discrete PLE projects, within time, budget and scope
- Manage the complete product design lifecycle (concept generation, evaluation, preliminary characterization to critical detailed design and implementation).
- Make recommendations for design updates based on good understanding of manufacturing methods, including PCB manufacture, electronics assembly, injection moulding, CNC machining, sheet metal, casting, surface finishing and plating’s.
- Apply strong stakeholder management skills and collaborating with cross functional teams including R&D Design Authorities, Manufacturing & Logistics, Regulatory, Marketing & Global Recipient Services.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or other suitable science degree.
- Strong understanding of design and quality control principles (medical device, defence, semiconductor and space industry preferred)
- Strong verbal communication and relationship building skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to work autonomously
- Ability to influence and manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to develop innovative solutions.
- Direct involvement with various internal stakeholders globally, including regulatory, manufacturing, quality, and procurement
- Opportunity to think strategically in the business
- Opportunity to develop your project management skills
- On-site undercover parking
- Flexible working environment
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now