Operations Manager – Inbound and Hear Always
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
As Cochlear continues to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for an Operations Managers – Inbound and Hear Always in our warehouse location in Centennial, CO.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to manage the inbound logistics for receiving, returns and programming services. You’ll work collaboratively with global supply chain operations, vendors and local teams to ensure best in class customer service and operational excellence. This people manager role is responsible for receiving goods, returns management and programing services.
- Manage the receipt of goods from Manufacturers and Local Suppliers
- Receive daily deliveries from freight vendors and suppliers, as well as Cochlear’s manufacturing sites.
- Ensure accuracy of delivered product by visual inspection, counting, scanning and other techniques.
- Document issues and report back to supplier, internal procurement and quality teams, and customs if applicable.
- Manage the Returned Goods Team, providing leadership and oversight of the return process.
- Set standards (KPIs) and manage staff performance to these standards
- Manage the customer return process through appropriate freight vendor options, electronic options, printed instruction support and packaging design together with other business units.
- Manage the Hear Always team, oversee the mapping process and implement improvements as applicable
- Drive and support continuous improvements and projects within Supply Chain
- Work cross-functionally with the Customer Experience Operations team to analyze the returns experience of Cochlear’s external customers and ensure that implemented changes to the returns process are being monitored and understood.
- Drive the development of global / regional Supply Chain Operations standards and align processes based on Lean principles and external benchmarks.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a distribution organization managing a diverse team across varying skill sets
- Experience in developing and improving processes within an operations or supply chain business environment
- Experience managing and implementing procedures and controls to meet OSHA and FDA requirements
- Experience and skill with Salesforce, Oracle and quality procedures in a regulated field
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. Must transport/move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is an office environment and/or warehouse environment and are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The Target Salary Range for this position is $90,000 - $100,000 per year based upon experience, as well as an annual bonus opportunity of 12% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, transportation supplementation, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.