Manager, Product Verification and Validation
Job no: 614027
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, People Manager, Validation & Verification
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help more people to hear.
We are currently looking for a Manager, Product Verification and Validation to mentor and manage a team of Hardware Product Verification and Validation engineers. This is also a fantastic opportunity to take charge of providing technical leadership to build, maintain and continually improve Verification and Validation engineering capability and process across Cochlear’s Research & Development team.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Macquarie University.
- Drive the team to successfully deliver against functional priorities
- Establish, maintain and lead processes and best practices within verification and validation engineering discipline/domain
- Improve Cochlear's engineering capability by training and upskilling the team in new practices, methods and tools
- Build and maintain broad engineering expertise and knowledge of Cochlear systems and products
- Drive for global alignment of verification and validation engineering practices and processes to ensure consistency and efficiency across R&D product development approaches.
- Build and maintain understanding of Cochlear's product and service plan (PSP), roadmaps and associated activities ensuring team accountability of the verification and validation engineering deliverables.
- Extensive post-qualification experience in a R&D environment as an engineering lead or manager
- Demonstrated experience in (and a passion for) managing and leading high performing multidisciplinary engineering teams
- Proven ability to communicate effectively within cross functional teams at various levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods and tools that are appropriate for the development of medical devices
- Proven experience working in team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent influencing and leadership skills
- Experience in implant development or in the highly regulated industry, i.e. medical devices
- Experience with firmware controlled electro-mechanical products
- Experience working in Agile product development
Development Value of this role:
- Opportunity to grow your leadership and management skills
- Opportunity to work across organisation boundaries with people across various disciplines and throughout the entire Cochlear organisation
- Opportunity to influence the leadership of Cochlear’s Systems Development department
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the technologies that will further strengthen Cochlear's product leadership position
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Cochlear’s mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to hear.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now