Principal System Engineer - Network Security
Job no: 614094
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Cochlear (ASX: COH) is an iconic Australian company, with a rich history and reputation for innovation and developing class leading technology in implantable hearing solutions. Operating with a global remit, we are seeking an experienced Network infrastructure enthusiast to join our dynamic and truly global Sydney head-quartered IT function.
At Cochlear, we continue to invest in our IT infrastructure to develop flexible and scalable IT solutions to meet the growing demands of our business. We currently have a new opportunity for a passionate and collaborative individual to make a significant contribution and continue Cochlear's successful history of innovation through the application of knowledge and expertise across cloud and on-premise networking and telephony infrastructure.
As the Principal System Engineer, you will take responsibility for the architecture, design, provisioning, configuration, documentation, operations and maintenance activities for technical solutions deployed within Cochlear.
The role’s primary focus is the management and maintenance of Cochlear’s network infrastructure with a specific focus on delivery, management and maintenance of Palo Alto firewall infrastructure. Other areas of focus will include LAN, WLAN, SDWAN, web proxy, load balancer and monitoring/alerting systems.
Partnering with Infrastructure Product Owners and key stakeholders, you will operate with a clear framework of accountability as you plan, schedule and monitor work to meet defined objectives to time and quality targets.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Ability to work autonomously with minimum supervision and fully responsible for meeting allocated technical and/or project/supervisory objectives
- Exceptional communication skills able to present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences including colleagues, users/customers, suppliers and partners.
- Significant experience as a Network engineering role in a medium to large organisation
- Strong track record of assessing the impact of change to applicable standards, methods, tools, applications and processes relevant to own specialism.
- Demonstrates an awareness of risk and takes an analytical approach to work.
- Excellent diagrammatical and documentation skills
- Strong Customer Orientation, responding to requests for technical support in a timely manner either onsite or via remote assistance. 24x7 Tier 3 support and on-call responsibilities as required
- Understanding of ITIL service management best practices
- Strong experience in configuring Palo Alto firewalls and Panorama (Industry certificates highly regarded)
- A good understanding of IP traffic flows in order to ensure security best practice for firewall configuration such as common service rules
- Sound experience and skills on F5 load balancer configurations and application integration/delivery (LTM/GTM/APM/ASM)
- Demonstrated CCNP level knowledge and experience in the large-scale rollout of Cisco routing and switching infrastructure (IOS, IOS-XE, and NX-OS platforms)
- Experience with network monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Cisco Prime/DNA Centre, Splunk)
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, Computer Science or Engineering.
Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now