Clinical Software Support Specialist EMEA (m/f/d)
Job no: 614525
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, IT, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear and be heard. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear or acoustic implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
Are you a Software Support Engineer? Do you have support experience for installation, maintenance, upgrade and troubleshooting software running on Windows-based, networked PCs? Are you adaptable, approachable and keen to learn? Then we have a great opportunity for you as Software Support Engineer EMEA in the Addlestone Clinical Affairs Department.
- Provide installation and upgrade support, remotely or occasionally on-site, for any of Cochlear’s clinical or support-based software or cloud services
- Installation of various software and troubleshooting network and SQL database issues at clinics throughout EMEA via phone, email or on site as required.
- Monitor software issues appearing in the support team’s collaboration system and resolve relevant issues expediently
- Regularly review troubleshooting guidance and adapt based upon new knowledge
- Monitor, respond to and follow up incidents within the issue and project tracking software
- Through on-site training and documentation, help establish with hospital IT staff good clinical practice in the management/administration of all Cochlear applications and data including backing up, restoring and migrating data onto different servers.
- Perform installation and configuration of proprietary software on Cochlear EMEA staff computers, tablets or iPads
- Follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement.
- IT Support Engineer with formal qualification in Information Technology or Computer Science (e.g. Diploma, BTec, etc.)
- At least 2 years’ experience in industry
- Excellent knowledge of Windows operating system environments (Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11)
- Good understanding of Windows components and interdependencies, networking fundamentals, firewall and security systems, virtualisation
- Strong understanding and competence with installation and management of SQL servers, including backup and recovery processes
- Experience of collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) and remote desktop management tools (e.g. TeamViewer, etc.)
- Analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively with customers having both IT and non-IT backgrounds
- Good command of written and spoken English
Why choose us?
For 40 years, Cochlear has been creating reliable products that continue to keep people connected to the world and to each other. We help people of all ages to hear in more than 180 countries around the world. Our technology connects people to life's possibilities and to the people who matter most. We have over 4000 employees globally dedicated to improving people's lives. To date, we have Invested over $2billion AUD in research and development.
Cochlear Offers You:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays (plus UK Bank Holidays)
- company pension
- flexible working patterns and the possibility to work remotely up to 40% per week
- yearly salary review
- Pension scheme
- Group Life Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Service Anniversary Reward
- Cycle to work scheme
- Vitality health care
- Medicash cashplan
- free use of gym on business park and paid exercise classes available
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the APPLY button below!
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing:
Back to search results Apply now