Associate Marketing Manager - Volunteer Engagement
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear continue to inspire and equip customers to assist others in learning about and successfully live with implantable hearing devices, we are recruiting for an Associate Marketing Manager - Volunteer Engagement in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO.
To be successful in this role you’ll contribute to and influence the health of the Cochlear Volunteer Community by strengthening volunteer involvement and improving overall volunteer experience through marketing activities. You’ll manage volunteer on-boarding efforts, quarterly communications cadence and work collaboratively with our consumer and recipient sales and marketing, digital marketing, and other cross-functional teams to generate new volunteer interest, increase volunteer mobilization, engagement, and contribute to the increased number of candidates who connect with a volunteer and proceed with a Cochlear hearing solution. You will help manage the execution of general awareness activities and campaigns for volunteers across North America.
- Assist in creating program materials - this includes volunteer trainings, establishing best practices, standard procedures, and campaign collateral for both external and internal customers.
- Develop, deliver and maintain quarterly volunteer communications to include – quarterly newsletter, email campaigns, Outlook accounts and social postings (Leverage national awareness campaigns, cross-functional teams’ campaigns, volunteer stories and Global resources).
- Increase our reach and influence by engaging and mobilizing volunteers through our volunteer community social media channels, general awareness campaigns w/ specific calls to action and through national and global volunteer opportunities.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Cochlear technology, benefits, services and the customer journey.
- Assist in creating a community experience that enables volunteers to feel connected to Cochlear, to each other and to self-mobilize in their communities.
- Provide support to consumer sales team by assisting in connecting candidates and recipients to volunteers at all stages of the candidate journey. Capture and maintain accurate volunteer records, reports, track metrics and KPI’s (key performance indicators).
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent
- Experience working with and/or managing volunteers or a volunteer program
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in developing, executing, and managing targeted general awareness campaigns, trainings, and annual surveys
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally within marketing and other teams in the organization contributing to the creative strategy and direction for campaigns
- Demonstrate strong writing skills- positioning, language, tone, message, and strategic development to achieve marketing objectives.
- Requires strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, attention to detail and strong presentation skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, multifunctional, deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, and social media platforms preferred.
- Travel required, less than 10%
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is an office environment and are representative of those that an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The Target Salary Range for this role is $75,000 - $80,000 with an annual bonus potential of up to 7.5% of the annual salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, transportation supplementation, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.