Senior Cyber Security Consultant
Job no: 614682
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help more people to hear.
Cochlear is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Consultant to design and implement effective cyber security defences to support the organisation’s growth. This role will enable you to contribute to conversations at all levels of the organisation and play a critical role in translating complex technical and operational information into simple business language. This is your opportunity to improve your leadership skills and provide technical support across all cyber security services to ensure Cochlear’s information assets are appropriately protected.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Contribute to the business strategy by applying information security thought leadership to help solve business problems and deliver them in a clear and articulate manner.
- Perform cyber security risk assessments and determine the most cost-effective deployment of security controls and solutions in line with the business risk appetite to protect systems.
- Direct vulnerability assessments and penetration testing engagements undertaken by Third-party specialists and coordinate report dissemination and remediation activities.
- Manage DLP, SIEM, HSM, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems and report events of significance to the relevant management group.
- Run cyber security incident drills across all regions and conduct post drill reviews to highlight areas of possible improvement.
- Monitor the release of new vulnerabilities and conduct risk assessments as to their likely impact on Cochlear’s IT systems.
- Degree qualified in IT.
- ITIL certification or experience of working within an ITIL oriented organisation.
- Minimum of 10 years commercial experience in Information Technology, with at least 5 years specialising in an Information Security role.
- Solid understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF) and security architecture frameworks (e.g. SABSA).
- Exposure to industry standard security frameworks (e.g. HIPAA, PCI DSS, NIST, ISO, ISF).
- Experience with VMware, Microsoft, UNIX and Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience presenting secure coding content to developers.
- Exposure to private & public Cloud platforms (i.e. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, AWS, Azure).
Developmental Value of the role:
Through this amazing role, you will inspire people at all levels of the business to implement information security recommendations by developing first class stakeholder relationships. You’ll be supporting the Information Technology team at Cochlear through your knowledge on emerging risks to information security within a commercial context. You will further develop your knowledge on potential threats, trends and relevant events that may threaten the organisation’s IT risk position.
Cochlear’s mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to hear.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now