Regional Manager Mexico
Job no: 614716
Work type: Permanent
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Categories: North America, Manager of Managers
Accountability 1: Sales Management
- Responsible for the overall management of the sales force and sales administration functions in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
- Develops and implements strategic plans to accomplish sales goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Establishes strong customer relationships with all key people in the accounts (surgeons, audiologists, or department, purchasing, etc).
- Meets with key clients, assisting members of Sales teams with establishing/maintaining relationships, assisting with any negotiations, etc.
- Using information gathered through various sources, provides input to President of Latin America, Senior Management and Marketing Management on marketing and sales communications needs.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, discount rates and other means of optimizing product sales.
- Monitors pricing control to achieve maintenance or growth of average selling price, and hence positive margin leverage.
- Analyses sales statistics and direct efficient use of the sales and Distribution teams.
- Represents the company at trade shows, professional forums, etc
- Monitors and evaluates competitors’ activities, providing strategic direction in response to this information.
- Through subordinate managers ensures successful implementation of annual strategic plans to support accounts.
- Support sales managers in the formulation of their business and financial plans and fully understands key business issues including headcount and capital expenditure
- Supports sales managers and local function heads on their sales and cost queries
Accountability 2: Distributor Management
- Directs and indirect management of Cochlears’ various distributors, agents, and representatives to align with the Company’s values, strategies and growth plans.
- Ensures the company’s interests and presence are appropriately represented in their own region
- Reviews and presents pricing (large accounts and distributors/agents) and unit purchase proposals to appropriate contacts, in accordance with company policy authority levels.
Accountability 3: Cross Functional
- Analyses and manages department’s expenditures in accordance with budget requirements.
- Works closely with Operations, logistics, marketing, administrative, customer service, finance and clinical departments to coordinate and manage the Mexican direct operation
- Assists in debt collection
- Provides input to sales budgeting and forecasting.
Accountability 4: Business Development
- Proactively supports restructure and business development activities.
- Identification of business opportunities and formulate a strategies and tactics.
- Supports commercial decision making through developing evaluation of proposed sales projects
Key Incumbent requirements:
- 5+ years people business and people management experience
- P&L management experience
- 5+ years of previous sales and marketing experience
- Medical device history with experience working in an international medical-technical company
- Experience managing distributors, agents, and representatives in foreign markets
- Proven track record as a successful business executive
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Experience in forecasting and business analysis
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of other business activities, skills etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Sciences
- Able to travel extensively across Latin America
- Proven track record in management and supervision
- Strong computer skills
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Experience in the cochlear implant, hearing aid or medical equipment industry
- Sales and Sales Management
- Distributor Management
- Organizational and time management skills will be improved to a high level
- Collaboration with other departments within the Cochlear Company
- Business Development
Advertised: SA Pacific Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: SA Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now