Content Marketing Manager
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
As Cochlear continues to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for a Content Marketing Manager in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO. This role offers a hybrid work environment with a combination of in-office and remote work from home.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to create a consumer content strategy for nurture and re-engagement programs. Critical components of this role include content development, optimization and management of copywriting resources. You’ll work collaboratively with all areas of Marketing (incl. Digital, Product) and Sales to leverage strategy development expertise, project management skills, online and offline marketing and editorial experience. This person will be responsible for nurturing leads through the consumer journey to surgery while providing a consistent voice across all mediums. This manager role is responsible for writing, editing and managing the creation of various mediums of content to ensure the consumer is being educated and engaged throughout their hearing health journey
- Develop and execute a full cross-functional content strategy including email, direct mail, printed collateral, website and videos using insights and experience to evaluate candidate sales barriers to create talk tracks, templates and sales aids to the field staff so that they can successfully engage with and be relevant to the consumer throughout their journey
- Partner cross-functionally to understand market positioning, key messages and plan, develop and execute a full cross-functional consumer content strategy to all channels to ensure a consistent customer experience
- Analyze effectiveness of nurture and re-engagement programs, execute solutions to improve, including A-B email testing and initiate email campaigns/reporting expectations, including tracking codes, reviewing and testing emails before launch
- Develop and sustain Cochlear product expertise and build content and messaging to connect and convey the impact on candidate's life with Cochlear's product to facilitate engagement pathway from awareness of an implantable solution to surgery ensuring tone and style are consistent with brand requirements throughout
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, content creation and campaign development in a business or corporate setting
- Prior experience in customer facing communication and consumer marketing via multiple media (online, print, video)
- Strong analytics skills with the ability to determine recommended actions based on data
- Familiar with all elements of interactive marketing mix, i.e. search, online media, email marketing, and online retailing/promotions
- Experience in content marketing and writing including translating business goals and strategies into actionable and measurable marketing communications campaigns
- Experience in developing email marketing campaigns, including analysis of results & optimization.
- Experience working with multiple internal stakeholders as well as experience working with external agencies
- Understanding of SEO best practices for content writing
- Experience with Salesforce and Marketo or similar platforms
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
The work environment is an office environment and are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The Target Salary Range is $90,000 - $100,000 per year dependent upon experience as well as a bonus of 12% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.