Sr. Marketing Manager, Recipient Services
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
As Cochlear continues to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for a Senior Product Marketing Manager, Recipient Services in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO. This role offers a hybrid work environment with a combination of in-office and remote work from home.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to drive and expand on services revenue by executing integrated direct-to-recipient marketing activities. The successful candidate will be accountable for a portion of the revenue associated with their direct sphere of influence. You’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional teams locally and globally to achieve goals across multiple customer segments by connecting products, services and value to customer needs.
- Strategy and Planning - help define the overall strategy, build marketing plans and roadmaps and execute against the agreed roadmap either individually or with support from others. The role entails executing through multiple channels including digital and non-digital advertising, collateral and content development, events, social media and inside and outside sales teams.
- Data Driven Approach - Use insights, research and VOC to understand the recipient experience, key barriers to upgrade, and develop programs and solutions to address these needs and barriers. Measure and analyze programs to identify opportunities for continued optimization to increase customer engagement and revenue.
- Support the product lifecycle - from product launch to end of support, participate in regional cross-functional product and/or project teams as necessary to facilitate product launches or product retirement and program implementation; serve in a leadership role on these teams as required.
- Cross functional collaboration and partnership – Work collaboratively across the organization to formulate integrated, strategically focused plans to achieve revenue. Execute to plan and ensure timely delivery of initiative, monitor progress and escalate issues for timely resolution.
- Drive the product lifecycle from product launch to retirement. Lead regional cross-functional product and/or project teams as necessary to facilitate product launches and program implementation; leadership role on these teams as required.
- Hire, train, motivate and develop a small team of marketing professionals. Plan, align and set direction for team. Provides clear direction and supervision while maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
- Support annual budgeting process and monthly budget reforecasting. Assess opportunities for overspend and address any underspend. Ensure budget is aligned with strategic priorities.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation and delivering on our mission by applying your creative, forward-looking, strategic-thinking marketing experience to grow a service business.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Business or similar field
- 7-10 years marketing experience required
- Demonstrated experience leading a team including direct people management experience
- Proven track record of success in the design and execution of revenue generating marketing programs. Experience with development of strategy and 1-3 year roadmap including delivery to multiple stakeholders preferred.
- Demonstrated customer-focus and ability to create and deliver world-class customer-centric initiatives
- Solid analytical skills with ability to derive strategy decisions based on data and facts.
- Demonstrated resilience and commitment to making lasting change, ability to make short-term concessions for longer-term gains.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong skills in strategic and creative thinking and outstanding communication ability.
- Travel is required at up to 10%
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Influence, organization/classification of information and planning are also required. The work environment is an office environment and are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The Target Salary Range: $110,000 - $130,000 based upon experience as well as a bonus of 12% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.