Senior Process Engineer - Test systems
Job no: 614773
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
We are seeking a Senior Process engineer - Test Systems to join our Process Engineering team to work as part of our Cochlear Brisbane Operations Manufacturing division based in Newstead on a permanent full-time basis. This operation manufactures PCBAs for implants, sound processors and all external accessory components.
Under the leadership of Process Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the electronic design, investigation, implementation, verification, and validation of Manufacturing Test Systems.
- Designing and/or updating Test Systems and automation systems using off-the-shelf measurement equipment hardware and designing and/or update custom hardware to interface to it
- Developing LabVIEW software to aid in testing and debugging
- Testing, verifying & debugging test systems designed by other peers and/or other departments
- Designing, developing, and/or reviewing Test Jig mechanical enclosures and fixtures i.e. Bed of Nails fixture to hold the PCBA during testing
- Ensuring designs are sufficiently peer and formally reviewed, considering manufacturability and reliability
- Developing and trialling prototype designs, participating in improving design technology and methodologies, and ensuring that the leading-edge technology is considered in designs
- Preparing all documentation required for the development of a new and existing Test System to be used in Production
- Supporting Manufacturing with technical support for Test Systems used in Production
- Establish process requirements for test system and automation system, conduct risk assessment (PFMEA) & implement manufacturing controls
- Supporting Manufacturing engineering and Product Lifecyle Engineering in the resolution of Test systems issues
- Conducting risk assessments of the impact of proposed test system design done by R&D
- Provide technical leadership to Engineers & Graduates.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and/or Electronic and Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in design and development, in a highly regulated industry, ideally medical, pharmaceutical, or military electronic systems
- An understanding of electronic circuits and components, both analog and digital
- Experience in hardware and software design (Altium, C or C++, LabVIEW, Python)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise technical documents
- Excellent influential skills, dealing with multiple internal and external stakeholders will be highly regarded
- Excellent self-management skills under general supervision
- Excellent in providing technical support and leadership for Engineers and graduates
- Experience using commercial test equipment highly regarded (eg. Keysight)
- Experience in automation and vision systems highly considered
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives
Hear now. And always. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We have provided more than 600,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities.
We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with leading clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now