Web Content Author
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
As Cochlear continues to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for a Web Content Author in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, CO. This role offers a hybrid work environment with a combination of in-office and remote work from home.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
To be successful in this role, the incumbent will need to meet the key requirements (below) and demonstrate ability to work within a broader team environment, e.g. support and partner with team members and manager, provide status reports, take direction and provide feedback through appropriate channels.
- Work within a squad to collaborate on and work through a prioritized backlog of authoring tasks, delivering pages to support the build of our Core Library
- Provide and share Sitecore knowledge/learnings with other authors and team members to increase velocity of overall Core Library completion.
- Work closely with UX and development team members to ensure that the pages meet the experience and best practice definitions for our site.
- Report bugs and enhancement requests to Product Owner and Scrum Master, so that they may be captured and prioritized to meet requirements and standards.
- Must be collaborative and a team player – working within a squad of SMEs and helping the squad to deliver on sprint goals.
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables.
- Work safely, complying with all safety procedures, rules and instructions; and reporting workplace hazards, incidents or injuries to manager.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities in your application and at interview:
- 2-4 years of Sitecore authoring experience
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and ensure focus and alignment on project plan and key deliverables
- Ability to negotiate and resolve issues with minimal support
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to environment
- Provide accurate and timely updates and follow strong documentation practice
- Ability to work with multiple work streams and collaborate/communicate effectively
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time and to be able to type to utilize a variety of software systems and applications, which generally require typing and mouse use to be able to navigate between and among them.
The work environment is an open cubicle environment with noise levels that vary from mild to noisy. The employee must be able to work and interact in this type of environment. The employee must be able to communicate with others in an effective manner.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your knowledge and grow professionally, we offer competitive wages and benefits. The Target Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000 based upon experience as well as a bonus of 7.5% of base salary.
The overall benefit program includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, pet insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401K Matching, PTO (vacation, holidays, floating holidays, sick and volunteer time off), tuition reimbursement, maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.