Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear is the most recognized brand in hearing health care.
Human needs have always been our inspiration, ever since Professor Graeme Clark set out to create the first multi-channel cochlear implant because he saw his father struggle with hearing loss. We always start with people in mind – thinking about their needs.
For this reason, our products, services and support will continue to evolve and improve. We are by our customers’ side through the entire hearing journey, so they can experience a life full of hearing. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and working in an organization where they can be part of bringing the mission to life each day.
About the role
As Cochlear continues to grow and service our customers, we are recruiting for a Friday Receptionist in our Americas head office based in Lone Tree, Colorado.
In alignment with our organizational principle of providing a safe work environment, employees of Cochlear are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The only allowable exceptions include qualifying medical and religious accommodation. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to your start date.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to represent Cochlear as the first point of contact for all guests/visitors, employees, and inbound callers at Cochlear Americas' headquarters. You’ll work collaboratively with the Customer Care team on a regular basis to coordinate regarding expected call volumes. This administrative role is responsible for greeting and directing visitors according to the Visitor Procedures. The Receptionist will support internal project, task, requests from other administrative employees as time allows.
- Greet and check-in visitors who come into the office, following Cochlear's Visitor and Security policies. Utilize the CAM-Receptionist email and calendar regularly to stay updated on visitors or deliveries expected at the front lobby.
- Provide clerical support for projects throughout the office as requested, with supervisor's approval. This may include invoice processing, ordering lunches, ordering office supplies, service awards, mail folders, etc.
- Provide training to any person covering the front desk on an as-needed basis.
- Assist with mailroom duties as needed
- In case of an emergency, the Receptionist is responsible for guiding any persons in the lobby and adjoining areas in accordance with Cochlear's Emergency Evacuation procedures.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to meet and demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of experience
- Strong computer skills (preferably in Microsoft Suite), and proficient experience utilizing common office resources (phone, copier, and email)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance/manage multiple, changing priorities by following through on commitments, meeting deadlines, taking responsibility for actions, and showing consistency between words and actions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and positively in a team environment to build strong, professional relationships
- Flexibility to work additional days as needed throughout the month
Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to be in a stationary (seated/standing) position; utilize business technology for work product delivery, communicate orally and in writing with others internal or external to the organization, utilize problem solving/critical thinking skills to discern and convey information. Must occasionally transport/move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The individual is regularly required to utilize comprehension, critical thinking, communication, problem solving, organization reasoning, relating to others and discernment of items such as product specifications, procedures and processes to customers (whether internal or external). Organization/classification of information and planning are also required.
This is an office environment, and the characteristics are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Every Friday each week, with the flexibility to work additional days per month as needed.
The Target Salary Rate for this position is $21.15/hour as well as an annual bonus opportunity of 5% of base salary.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. Visit our careers site at www.cochlear.us/careers to learn more.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2549.