Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help more people to hear.
Cochlear is seeking an HR Data Specialist to join its fantastic People and Culture (P&C) team and perform an integral role within a large transformation project.
This role will contribute to the project by supporting data readiness activities and migration of P&C data to a new Human Capital Management (HCM) and Payroll system. Working as a member of the Data Squad, you will manage the sourcing & collation of multiple employee data sets, verifying quality and investigating gaps then converting the data into formats that can be consumed by our new systems.
Your skills will enable us to achieve Cochlear’s mission in providing a life full of hearing for people with moderate to profound hearing loss.
The expected start date for this position is 3 October 2022 for a 12 month term
Your responsibilities will include:
· Creating and maintaining a mapping of all data fields from source to target systems
· Coordinating direct system data extracts and data collection from regional owners
· Utilising existing DQ tools and processes, and determining additional checks & activities to maximise data completeness and accuracy
· Contributing to data cleanse activities and solutions/approaches per source system and working with data owners on cleanse activities
· Defining, documenting and applying transformation scripts to convert data into the formats and templates required for upload to our new systems
· Supporting resolution of data load errors and the validation of the data once in our systems
· Contributing to system test cycles by responding to data requests or queries from the project team
· Supporting system testing defect resolution by tracking target data back to source and/or applying data updates to target system
· Experience working with HR data and HR or Payroll systems
· Experience with Oracle, ADP or Workday would be highly regarded
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are essential, preferably applied in managing large data sets
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking, with the ability to interpret and synthesize diverse and complex information from multiple sources
· A desire to fully understand and take ownership of the data entrusted to your care.
· A high degree of attention to detail
Developmental Value of the role:
By working collaboratively across the transformation project the HRIS Data Specialist will play an instrumental part in supporting the People & Culture team to deliver Cochlear’s current and future business objectives helping us to achieve our mission of helping people around the world to hear.
Cochlear’s mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to hear.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.