Job no: 614839
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Engineering, Process Improvement, Oceania, Individual Contributor
We have an exciting 6 month FTC opportunity for a Process Engineer based in our global headquarters in Macquarie University.
You will be working with a collaborative and diverse group of people to develop stable and reliable manufacturing processes, support supply chain or manufacturing improvement projects, or ensure we have the capabilities to manufacture our increasing volumes.
The right applicant will be comfortable working in a blue-sky design environment to develop manufacturing processes for new products and introduce them into manufacturing through working with supply chain and R&D stakeholders. The candidate would also be used to executing projects for process improvements in a manufacturing organisation.
- Develop stable and reliable manufacturing processes within Cochlear and at suppliers of manufactured components.
- To support the supply chain and R&D group project execution by developing and implementing safe, scalable, stable and robust manufacturing processes across the manufacturing network for new and commercially already available product.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes and associated documents comply with Cochlear QMS and international regulation (e.g. WI, PFMEA).
- Responsible for meeting the manufacturing strategy by relocating/ duplicating processes across the manufacturing network.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering. Prefer Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aeronautical, Biomedical or Mechatronics.
- 2 years+ experience in a similar Manufacturing role within a highly regulated industry
- Experience in working within a Quality Management system
- Experience in working within Manufacturing Management system (e.g. LEAN)
- Proven competencies in problem solving, design, manufacturing / business process development and personal influence
- Experience with project management tools
Cochlear’s mission is to mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now