Senior Mechanical Engineer
Job no: 614841
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Implants Development team, within Design & Development. In this role you will report directly to the Implants Development Team Manager.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer looking to step up into a Senior Mechanical Engineer role or someone who is currently in a Senior Mechanical Engineer position. You will have strong problem-solving skills, an interest in mechanical design and development as well as validation and verification. In this role, you will be working hands-on with a product that is designed and developed here in Gothenburg, is highly innovative and helps people to hear.
- Act as a mechanical engineer in the Implants Development team
- Be part of designing components and solutions for future products
- Be part of the verification of components and systems in the projects
- Work closely with all departments locally but also globally with other sites within Cochlear
- Understand requirements and identify design solutions to meet requirements
- Provide technical guidance to colleagues
- Actively involved in moderate complex investigations, evaluates alternatives and recommends solutions, plan and perform reliability engineering activities
Why is this role right for you?
- You have a Mechanical Engineering or other relevant degree
- You have experience working as a Mechanical Engineer
- You enjoy hands on technical work as well as technical documentation and have things in order
- You have experience of product development
- You have experience working part of a project team
- You may not be the most experienced presenter but you are comfortable to present to small groups and project team meetings
- Have experience working with 3D CAD Modeling
- You are comfortable speaking and writing in English at a professional level
- You can feel proud that the work you do helps more people around the world to hear again and live full lives
- You will enjoy spacious, modern facilities, surrounded by a beautiful forest in Mölnlycke
- You will experience an engaged workplace, motivated team mates and supportive Manager
A Little Bit About Cochlear
Cochlear’s global mission is to help people hear and be heard. Cochlear BAS is the division of Cochlear that designs and manufactures the world’s leading bone conduction and other implantable acoustic solutions. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Situated in Mölnlycke, 10 minutes from the city centre of Gothenburg, Sweden, the head office employs approximately 200 people whose responsibilities include research, product design and development, marketing, quality and regulatory, manufacturing, distribution and administration for our implantable acoustic products.
Does this sound of interest to you? Of course it does, where else would you be able to be an integral part of helping people hear and be heard? So what are you waiting for?
If you feel your skills and experience match what we have mentioned then Apply Now! Or maybe you want to learn more about Cochlear first, you can simply head to our website www.cochlear.com
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Anticipated Application Closing: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now