Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, ANZ, the Financial Accountant is responsible for providing accounting and financial support to Cochlear’s Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) business, with a focus on Financial Reporting and Control. Working as part of a small Finance team (3), this role supports the Finance Manager in providing timely and accurate financial information to support decision making in the ANZ business on commercial and operational activities that drive sustainable growth.
The Financial Accountant role requires a strong understanding of accounting standards and internal control environments, as well as a desire and an ability to support the Finance Manager on Financial Planning, Analysis and Reporting (FPA&R) tasks as needed.
Key Areas of Accountability include:
Financial Reporting and Control
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the financial records of the ANZ business, in accordance with Cochlear’s financial accounting policies and procedures and accounting standards.
- Manage the ANZ financial month end process in line with agreed Global, APAC and ANZ business timelines.
- Provide critical support to Cochlear’s NZ branch, including ongoing administration of compliance with local tax filing obligations (GST and Income Tax) and administration of Cochlear NZ branch’s invoices and expenses.
- Oversee the administration of the quarterly Sales Commission Plans (SCP) process.
Financial Support of Hearing Partner Accounts and Tenders
- Support and monitor Hearing Partner Contributions and Growth Initiatives, including reporting to internal stakeholders
- Tender Management Support – Administration support of ANZ Tenders, including ongoing reporting and communication relevant external third parties.
Management Reporting & Support of Financial Planning and Analysis
- Produce timely and accurate financial reports for the ANZ business on a periodic basis,
- Assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of collaborative forecasts for the ANZ business (P&L, production demand planning, headcount).
- Support the Finance Manager in the provision of financial management information to support key business decisions and deliver the ANZ business’ objectives and strategy.
Why are you right for this role?
To be successful in this role, we are seeking a qualified Accountant, ideally who brings with them experience working within a commercial environment. This role would suit someone who is yet to specialise and enjoys the variety of working across all areas of finance. Our environment is fast paced, dynamic and highly collaborative, so if you are eager to learn and enjoy working as part of a team to support business growth, then this can could be a fantastic career opportunity for you.
Essential skills include:
- CPA / CA Qualification with relevant commercial experience in either Financial or Management Accounting
- Knowledge of financial accounting practices and principles in Australia & New Zealand
- Business acumen and strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve, prioritise time and deliver on deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated, results oriented, passionate and articulate
- Strong MS Excel & Word skills
- Oracle and Hyperion experience is highly desirable, but not essential
How we recognise your contribution
We want Cochlear to be a place where our people enjoy coming to work. Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where our people will feel valued and supported. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
For more information about Life at Cochlear, visit www.cochlearcareers.com
How to apply.
If you are excited about what you have read and would like to be considered for this role then please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.