Job no: 614995
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Asia Pacific, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help more people to hear.
Cochlear is seeking a Facilities Coordinator to join its amazing Facilities department! You will maintain a quality work environment that is in-line with all regulatory, statutory and business requirements as you coordinate, control and administer the facility functions at Cochlear’s Sydney sites.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Engage and supervise maintenance contractors such as electrical, HVAC and plumbing trades to maintain a high-level working environment.
- Meet with business stakeholders and assist in the development and coordination of small capital works projects; such electrical installs, medical gas, plumbing and AV installations.
- Ensure all contractors are inducted through the Cochlear contractor and visitor controls procedure and all the contractors’ applicable insurances and licenses are current.
- Security Management – Participate in the “on call” roster system. Provide a 24/7 response for alarms and emergency situations related to Cochlear sites.
- Staff Security – Access card administration, programming of access cards and management of restricted access areas.
- Hands-on, maintenance duties include replacing fluorescent lights, adjusting furniture, fixtures, training room configuration and other small maintenance tasks.
- Electrical, HVAC or other relevant trade background
- Proven ability to prioritise and solve problems and situations as they arise
- Good knowledge of building code requirements, safety procedures, fire regulations and project management fundamentals
- Experience operating a computerised maintenance management system. (i.e. SAP, Maximo or Mainpac) is ideal
- At least 5 years of working in the Facilities Management field is ideal
Developmental Value of the role:
Through this fantastic role, you will greatly enhance your knowledge of multiple building management systems as you provide efficient operational support to a world leader in the manufacture of medical devices. You will further grow your communication skills from contact with diverse stakeholders across all business units.
Cochlear’s mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to hear.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now