Senior Test System and V&V Engineer
Job no: 615026
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Program/Project Management, Process Improvement, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor, Data Analytics, Validation & Verification
- ASX Listed top 50 – Innovation Incubator
- High energy start up environment with focused and passionate team
- Development of ground breaking Medical Device Technology
Cochlear (ASX: COH) is an iconic Australian company, with a rich history and reputation for innovation and developing class leading technology in implantable hearing solutions.
Cochlear has recently created an exciting new division within our Advanced Innovation Group called Incubation Operations, established to support strategic start-ups and research partners, collaborating around design, prototyping and manufacturing, and leverage our industry leading expertise and technology developed over the past forty years.
This team is currently partnering with Epi-Minder Pty Ltd, the Bionics Institute, University of Melbourne, St. Vincent’s Hospital to develop and commercialise the world’s first ultra-long term epilepsy monitoring solution, called the Minder® system.
The Senior Test System and V&V Engineer, will be responsible for conducting design, development, implementation, and verification of complex, multi-component, firmware based electronic systems as they relate to specific implant, electrode and externals projects associated with Incubation Operations.
With a focus on both electrical software and hardware development and in accordance with the Cochlear Quality Management System, you will also be responsible for planning and executing verification and validation work packages for electrical components and systems.
The secret to your success in this role will be your ability to form collaborative internal and external relationships with key stakeholders, delivering efficient, and verifiable product test systems, providing expert design and test feedback.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to have;
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent
- Track record for successful delivery of test systems including test software, firmware, PCB layout, and electromechanical design, with test systems for Bluetooth® enabled systems highly valued.
- Highly developed influencing and stakeholder management skills that enable you to work effectively across an organisation
- Project & change management experience in an Agile product development environment
- The ability to solve problems and collaborate to get work done that delivers value to key stakeholders and benefits for Cochlear customer’s.
- Experience with LabVIEW development essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods and tools that are appropriate for the development of medical devices.
- A responsible attitude to working safely and contributing to a safety culture.
Apply Today !
Development Value of this role:
- Work in a start-up style of environment where agility, creativity, pragmatism are high valued capabilities and skills
- Shape the newly created incubation team by developing and optimising lean ways of working
- Entrepreneurial setup contributing towards ambitious project goals supporting a variety of medical device applications
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now