Job no: 615083
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help more people to hear.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer on a permanent full-time basis based in our global headquarters in Macquarie Park, Sydney. The purpose of the role is to develop new systems, features and products for hearing impaired recipients through the application of systems engineering best practice. This role will cover parts of end-to-end systems engineering for implants, sound processors, accessories, firmware, software and apps.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Contribute to product development through the application of systems engineering best practice and expertise.
- Perform system design and develop and test prototypes.
- Direct and participate in design reviews in areas that could be impacted by or could impact system performance and function.
- Develop and manage system requirements and requirements traceability.
- Collaborate cross functionally to design and oversee product and component integration.
- Foresee, diagnose and trouble-shoot cross-functional integration issues.
- Write high quality documentation for the purpose of regulatory submission.
- Contribute to technical and/or process improvements.
- Work with the Systems Engineering team to identify and implement improvements to Cochlear’s systems engineering best practice.
- Engineering/Science degree (Electrical, Software, Mechanical, Biomedical or Systems engineering preferred).
- Relevant engineering experience in an R&D environment preferably with high-tech products.
- Understanding of systems engineering principles, methods and tools that are appropriate for the development of medical devices.
- Ability to communicate effectively and adjust communication style as needed with cross-functional teams at various levels.
- Experience in implant development or in a highly regulated industry (e.g., medical devices, defence systems).
- Experience working in agile product development.
Developmental Value of the role:
This role will give you the opportunity to work with people across various disciplines and throughout the entire Cochlear organisation, to grow your technical and design skills and to have direct contact with and see the impact of your work on end users. Your impact will contribute to our mission of helping people around the world to hear.
Cochlear’s mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experience and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.
Please review attached Position Description here: Systems Engineer _Position Description.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now