Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Specialist
Job no: 615196
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Procurement, Asia Pacific, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. As the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, Cochlear is dedicated to helping people with moderate to profound hearing loss experience a life full of hearing. We aim to give people the best lifelong hearing experience and access to innovative future technologies. We collaborate with the industry’s best clinical, research and support networks. That’s why more people choose Cochlear than any other hearing implant company. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping more people to hear and experience life’s opportunities.
We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Specialist to provide procurement and commercial support to Cochlear during all phases of product development and projects as part of the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to a range of strategic sourcing activities from new product development / projects through to the ongoing supply of quality goods and services.
This is a permanent full-time role based in our global headquarters in Sydney. We also offer flexible working opportunities as part of our Flex@Cochlear benefits.
- Provision and execute strategic sourcing processes during product development such as but not limited to; needs assessments, ReUSE Make Buy Assessments (RUMBA), supplier selection, RFx, quotation, risk management, contract negotiations and supplier development readiness
- Act as the interface with new and existing suppliers to support and create value for new product development or projects.
- Responsible for supporting procurement during product development, handover and launch such as but not limited to project order placement, supplier capability and production readiness, supplier performance management, order and stock management, forecasting and contract execution.
- Responsible for supporting the development, execution, communication and periodic review of category strategies that support the delivery of Cochlear’s strategic initiatives or outcomes.
- Influencing internal stakeholders and customers to adopt and comply with strategic sourcing and procurement management policies, processes and systems.
- Responsible for demonstrating within SS&P a customer service mindset with internal Cochlear stakeholders to increase the likelihood of engagement, adoption and adherence to SS&P management policies, processes and systems.
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (business, management, legal, commercial)
- Experience in Procurement, incorporating project, service delivery, technology or supplier management
- Astute in the management and operation of suppliers with proven ability to assess the capability suppliers and commercial proposals
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record in supplier management
- Sound understanding of supplier contracts and the initiative to seek timely advice on technical and operational perspectives from both internal and external sources to ensure the most favourable commercial outcomes
At Cochlear, we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential.
Other Key Benefits:
- Direct involvement with various internal stakeholders globally
- Working with a global leader in a growth market
- Great career progression opportunities
- On-site undercover parking
- Flexible working policy
- Annual Leave Loading
- Novated Car Leasing
How we recognise your contribution
We want Cochlear to be a place where our people truly enjoy coming to work. Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where our people will feel value and supported. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or simply finding an environment which enables you to thrive whilst balancing family or personal life commitments, then we have several programs in place to support you.
For more information about Life at Cochlear, visit www.cochlearcareers.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Anticipated Application Closing: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now