Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Our mission is to help more people to hear.
There is a Sydney-based, ongoing, full-time opportunity for an Enterprise Architect - Integration to own the Cochlear IT integration architecture. The successful candidate will hold global architectural authority for the strategy, roadmaps and solutions used to integrate our applications and systems.
The role will be responsible for the planning, coordination, and supervision of all activities related to the integration of software programs, applications, and third-party solutions to meet the business requirements of the organisation.
Our integration needs are primarily focused on connecting on-premises and cloud-based commercial software applications, such as ERP, CRM, CMS and other key systems. This individual is also responsible for developing and maintaining an application integration architecture blueprint for the global organization.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Developing the EA strategy, governance frameworks, and reference architecture used to govern all delivery reliant on the integration domain
- Providing expert advice to architects and technical resources embedded in delivery teams on the use of integration technology, including best practice
- Appropriate oversight of delivery to ensure solutions adhere to the principles and standards you’ve set for the integration architecture domain
- Consulting with delivery teams as they define the requirements needed to ensure the successful integration of their delivery into the Enterprise Architecture
- Representing the integration EA domain as a member of the Architecture Review Board in regular governance meetings for Cochlear IT
- Demonstrable experience creating and governing against enterprise architecture and integration architecture standards, patterns, frameworks, and practices
- Demonstrable experience of solution design and development incorporating common system integration methods and technologies including Web services, SOAP, JSON, XML Schema Definition (XSD), Extensible Markup Language (XML), Business process automation, and service composition tools and software
- Demonstrable experience building and managing relationships with vendors, consultants, senior internal stakeholders, and delivery teams
- Demonstrable experience governing the implementation of Continuous Integration practices and tooling to support automated build, delivery, and regression test of commercial software
- Demonstrable experience identifying, researching, evaluating, and recommending new and emerging technologies. This will include maintaining and sharing understanding of industry, market, and technology trends
- A structured, critical thinker able to determine the logical steps required to meet business outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, while establishing rapport and persuading others
- Architecture certification such as TOGAF would be well regarded
Developmental Value of the role:
You will be working within a well-regarded, progressive function in a highly visible role, with frequent exposure to other business and architectural domains. With a growth mindset, you will have the opportunity to develop the architecture practice, yourself, and the others around you.
Cochlear is a global organisation spanning sales in over 100 countries, with operations teams based in the United States, throughout Europe and the Asia Pacific region. The position provides a challenging yet interesting opportunity to help inform our systems roadmap, and how we optimize and maximize our investments in our IT assets. You’ll be able to develop your leadership skills through leading the implementation of domain strategies across a global business.
This role will provide you knowledge of the product lifecycle management of a medical device manufacturer, including the information and technologies that support the manufacturing process.
Cochlear’s mission is to help more people to hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to hear.
At Cochlear we value and welcome the unique contributions, perspectives, experiences and backgrounds of our employees and aim to build a culture that celebrates and leverages these differences, creating a sense of belonging and enabling our people to realise their full potential. We offer flexible working arrangements, and we understand flexibility is not the same for everyone. We're open to a conversation about what flexibility means for you.